Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where does one find the racks I've seen in warehouses that the pallets are ptu on? I'm about to move into a brand new shop and we'll have to offit everything. I need to store pallets of ice melt and landscape stuff. I think we can go 15' high.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
don try this place out i found them on the internet and i think they are local

http://www.bostonrack.com/

go by there all the time didn't even know they sold that stuff

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I buy mine from Storage Solutions here near Indy. I use Penco which is the easiest to deal with. They just tweaked their upright design which makes the stuff a dream to set up.

See: http://www.letstalksnow.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12875&highlight=space+final+frontier

I am looking into a kin-folk arrangement with their President (my brother-in-law) for LTS. PM, E-mail, or call for referral.

This stuff can be direct shipped, and comes as high as you want. the capacity is 7,000 lbs per beam level and 2 pallets of salt will fit side by side on the rack. A lo-pro will fit comfortably on the 10' beam lengths.

You will need a 3 stage forklift to get it above 12 feet.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Trust me when I tell you for a landscaper it is foolish to ever ever ever buy them new.

Let big factories/plants (like the one I work at) buy them new... We are constantly buying new and turning over old racks that are usually in mint condition. I keep most of my old racks internal but I know of tons of liquidators who sell tons of used pallet racking very very cheap!!!

If I remember at work tomorrow I will try to find a phone #/name/web address of a company that just sent me a flyer not too long ago that specializes in pallet racking and material handling liquidations......

Jay

·
Registered
491 Posts
I agree with Jay on the fact of not buying them new. There is always some outfit somewhere selling used racking. You just need to look in the right places. It may take time but usually you can find racking fairly local.

One thing to keep in mind though is that salt & calcium products can be tough on pallet racking. I have one assembly of racking that really rusted up the past several years due to these products.

We normally keep calcium & salt in rows by themselves (double stacked) but due to my warehouse space situation we chose to place all of the skids in racks.
The past two years of doing this really weathered the racks. They rusted up bigtime! These racks have been in place since 1977 and never really showed much weathering until recently.

We will be painting them to kill the rust once we get past the cold season.

Jake

1 - 13 of 13 Posts