Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This it my town's 1959 Oshkosh. Just to let ya know how bad this thing is last winter they used this to push back the shoulders that were 4 feet high back at least 5 feet in one pass!!:D She sounds like a total animal let me tell ya. I will get a shot of the wing later when i have time

Attachments

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Now thats a serious looking piece of equipment! Walt, Id love for you to post many more pictures of this beast, thank you. :shades Mike

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More picks this week sometime Mike!! And if they get it out plowing this year I PROMISE that i will post some in action picks

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Moderator
4,902 Posts
This is my friend's Oshkosh. It's badged as a 1979, it's a 1954 that was factory refurbished and given a new VIN. It's got a 6 cylinder Cat, the same one used in the old 950 loaders. Top speed is 38 mph. He just bought a used International with a Cummins to replace it.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Damn............I can't wait till I have the spare change to find a nice old Oskosh and an old Power Wagon to restore.

Great looking rigs Pelican and Walt.

Jay

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Moderator
4,902 Posts
Our County Highway Dept. just purchased 5 Oshkosh rigs at $250,000 a piece! I haven't seen one yet, the past few years they'd been purchasing 4x4 Macks due to the price of Oshkosh. Not sure where they came up with the money....

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Have you checked your latest tax bill ;) You may have bought them inderectlly.

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
I wish I had pictures of the OshKosh's our airport bought a couple years ago. They were built by the same company that builds our trucks.

6X6X6, 22 or 24' front plow by Monroe, 16' underbody scraper, I think the boxes were 14' with prewet systems.

I thought it would be fun to run one just one time, but they wouldn't let me.:D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Our province has gotten rid of almost all it's big 4wd Scott's. They are huge maintenance items and the single axle has low GVWR.

The normal trucks are tandems with auto chains for the hills. They leave the load on until they are done the low speed stuff then spread it. I don't know what the trucks themselves weigh but when fully loaded they tip the scales at 80-90,000 lbs.
Ken

·
Registered
610 Posts
pelican
if you see one driving down the road
flag him down for a ride
since your part owner
john

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tire pick. The are at least 48 inches high

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Last one I enhanced the pick because it was kinda dark out but it turned out very good. Mike this one is for you!!!! Well Jay I will send it out to you too!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts