Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time I have posted, but have always appreciated the good information on the forums. Last year our 2 acre 20 year old parking lot (our restaurant and bar) was torn up pretty badly by a contractora with a steel blade and too many passes. We had always plowed ourselves before but our rig died. We decided to take it back over. The asphalt was patched and re-sealed and all prettied up this summer. Our new rig is a Boss straight plow with a urethane blade since this is the only lot that we plow and I thought it would not tear up the old lot as badly.

Between the float and the urethane I am figuring we can go pretty light on the old lot. Thoughts on whether float and urethane are enough? What about mushroom shoes to create that extra space? More or less wear than without shoes? Here in Denver snow melts quickly and I would be happy to leave an inch or so of skiff in order to save on asphalt wear. Ideas from folks with more experience than I have would be appreciated.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Without seeing the lot, I would say go slow, get a extra cutting edge. Now I would see about re paving the lot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Without seeing the lot, I would say go slow, get a extra cutting edge. Now I would see about re paving the lot.
Thanks Dieseldude. The plow is brand new. Not sure what you mean by getting an extra cutting edge? Replacing the lot would be great but $175K is just not in the cards during the pandemic. We are lucky to be in business but have to be really careful about what we spend until this stuff is all over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts