Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
I have purchased an old plow and I am planning on mounting it on my old 06 Cherokee, just for personal use.
I am not able to identify the plow, a little help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hello all
I have purchased an old plow and I am planning on mounting it on my old 06 Cherokee, just for personal use.
Thanks
Run. Run far, far away. Run fast.

Whoops, you already bought it? That sucks.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hello all
Thanks
Ok, more seriously. Appears to be a Meyer conventional with an aftermarket monarch pump. Are you an experienced welder that can custom fabricate the mount needed to make that work on your Cherokee?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Hello all
Thanks
I think you might want get a newer plow and sell this one as lawn art...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys
Thanks for the replies,
FYI. Payed about scrap metal value for the plow, no loss, It looked like a Frankenstein when I picked it up.
Still going to try to mount it on the old Jeep,
Hydrolocs and electronics work. I just need to figure out how to mount it on the vehicle.
Thanks
Mak

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Hey guys
Thanks for the replies,
FYI. Payed about scrap metal value for the plow, no loss, It looked like a Frankenstein when I picked it up.
Hydrolocs and electronics work. I just need to figure out how to mount it on the vehicle.
Thanks
Mak
Well, clearly it needs another hydraulic piston on the right side when standing from behind it.

Are you going to leave this plow on the truck at all times?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hey guys
Thanks for the replies,
Thanks
Mak
The "just need to figure out" part is no small job. As I mentioned earlier, everything will need to be custom fabricated by an experienced welder. If you aren't one, you are looking at a huge cost for something like that

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Once the plow is on the truck, it is staying on This vehicle is only going to be used to plow my lot on Manitoulin. I do have the other piston and although I am not a welder, my brother is. I’ll let you know how it goes. It is possible it will become a boat anchor.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Once the plow is on the truck, it is staying on This vehicle is only going to be used to plow my lot on Manitoulin. I do have the other piston and although I am not a welder, my brother is. I’ll let you know how it goes. It is possible it will become a boat anchor.
I would find some mounts for your year and model truck mount to the frame. Then you are going to have to do some measuring and figure out where you can attach the upright frame of the plow without hitting the bumper.

Materials you might be able to get away with using something like 3/8” plate AS36... I would go for a cold roll steel that is heat treated myself. You not looking for hardness but toughness because you want it flex and bend instead of being hard and brittle. Ideally. I would use 4140 chrome moly myself but it is costly and the vanadium to it and it is very tough without being brittle.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Not to disagree with my esteemed colleague off on his chrome moly/vanadium tangent- but unfortunately there are very few applications for a cherokee period, so a used mount will likely be very hard to come by. If you are determined to do this (which I still dont recommend wasting your time/money/effort with), a front mount receiver hitch will probably be cheaper and easier to use as a starting point.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Not to disagree with my esteemed colleague off on his chrome moly/vanadium tangent- but unfortunately there are very few applications for a cherokee period, so a used mount will likely be very hard to come by. If you are determined to do this (which I still dont recommend wasting your time/money/effort with), a front mount receiver hitch will probably be cheaper and easier to use as a starting point.
We have an 03 Cherokee. The frame is kinda tinny. Better off with a water heater plow.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
4140v or 4340v is awesome material.... it wouldn’t break too easily the frame would break first... I would use an existing mount as a template to get an idea of hole locations and length and size.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts