Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was reading an article in the transportation section of today's Chicago Tribune about Chrysler's Jeep Rescue, which is Chrysler's answer to the H2. In the article, it talked about a new HD Ram p/u with a 6.1 V8 Diesel, rated at 325HP @600# torque. The article indicated that the Jeep Rescue will be built off the Ram platform, and that this "new" engine would be the logical choice.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Anything is possible,but I think Dodge would be foolish to switch engine manufacturers at this point for a few reasons.First off,the Cummins engine has a reputation for durability that is unmatched the light truck market.a lot of Dodges trucks sales are due to having the inline Cummins engine under the hood(mine included). Then theres the fact that once Dodge lets there contract expire,another manufacturer has the opportunity to start using the Cummins engine and drawing the sales Dodge once owned.
I Know the Cummins is pricey,but I am willing to pay extra for the best powerplant available under my hood.Now if Dodge would just start making the configurations Ford did,they'd own the market,IMO.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While I am not a big Dodge fan, I am very impressed by how quiet the new Cummins power plant has become.

Could Dodge/Cummins have developed a diesel V8 so that Dodge could get some of the market share that they loose to Ford or GM?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
The 6.1 they refer to is a new Hemi V8 gas motor.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting

It's interesting that 2 major papers are/may be wrong in thier reporting

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
That picture came from a large Dodge dealer owner. He had no power specs on it but thats whats replacing the V10. It has coil on plug ignition.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Dodge just signed an extended contract with Cummins, anyway, so I'm sure they wouldn't switch...According to the TDR.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts