Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got an idea about engine/year or what kind of weight rating? I went on a road trip with the wife today to take some pictures of old plow trucks.... Just for you fellas:wink

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Woo Hoo! Nice pics! Did she like them as well as you did:rolleyes:?:D

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well she had a good time spending the day with me..... but she looked at me kinda of funny when I mentioned that I would like to take them both home with me...:popcorn2

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
She's just not into that sort of thing, huh? :eek:

:wink

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know the truck looks better than some trucks that are new from coastal new england.... I don't know how the truck has been sitting, but I am going to call about it Monday morning....

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It has not plowed in 15 years according to guys in the shop....:eek: I don't think the truck was very much at all. It has less than 6,000 miles

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Director of Comedy
3,084 Posts
OH MY GAWD! that thing is MINT! post details, damn makes me want to take Jay out of his tutu and make a road trip.

·
Registered
367 Posts
wow, those are some great peices out there, lookslike they were just parked

i never knew that marmom-harrington was abrand though, i always thought they just did the front wheel drive conversions...learn something new everyday i guess

·
Registered
462 Posts
pipe

And straight piped out the hood.what a barker that must be under a load.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
That is definitely a jewel Howard. Im looking forward to hearing more about its history in service...

You don't often see Marmon Herrington's popping up and especially in that kind of a condition...

Jay

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I contacted the Roads supervisor and got a polite "it ain't for sale" Next step is the County Comissioners...

Well his answer makes sense after a little thought. The Roads supervisor has no authority to sell anything (or buy anything for that matter) without Commissioner approval... It sure is easier to say its not for sale than to have to attend a commissioner meeting and ask to sell it and then go through a bid process. Just easier to let it sit....
I will fire off a friendly request to the board of commissioners... they hopefully will see the sense in selling? (well at least it makes sense to me)

Its obviously worth more to me and you fellows than it is to put into full time service.... What do you fellas/gals think its worth????

1 - 20 of 37 Posts