Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It belongs to the Son. In Law and he’s been doing their 1000’ as well as a few smaller ones with walk behinds nearly forever. He is finally beginning to notice the times not there :tango_face_crying: anymore. So he finally upgraded from ano 97 to a 16 Tundra ( no custom bumper grill stuff ) with a 5.7 so it’s time to dig up a Craig’s List plow to save his back AND sanity. I’m a country mechanical wizard but not so much with snow plows aside from tractor mounts. I’m good fro electrical wiring but get nervous working on somebody else’s new stuff.....
So are there any brand considerations for a late model Tundra, what about size? I’m assuming most have 7,5 but is an 8’ more desirAble, why, why not. I’m also assuming that I’m not going to be looking for anything running off truck hydraulics but sticking to the modern electric and hoping his 16is pretty much already at least partly loomed or otherwise easily set up or home fabricated.
So what considerations am I misssing, wanting to know, not thought of besides getting the right push plate? Again, not looking for commercial use but ratherthe family’s 4 or so driveways in an area where we don’t usually get over a foot at a storm. Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts