Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ok, it is probably simple but here it goes:

Last year plow works fine

This year it is all full of water so I tear down the pump, lift cylinder and reservoir as I can't get it warm enough to flush it. About 1/4 cup of water in bottom.

Put it back together and the plow lifts and drop fine but angles right no matter which way I angle the slick stick.

Slick stick is brand new, cleaned the connectors but haven't tried to test coil yet.

Does anyone have a hydraulic diagram for how this thing works?

I'm used to tractor type hydraulics and that yells some type of wiring problem or malfunction switch but reading other posts says trouble with a valve can cause all kinds of funky results!

That is all for now! I'm gonna yank the b and c valve out this pm and see if some water got into them.

Ken

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mmm, thanks, I just found it and it has a much better troubleshooting flow chart. I wish I could sheepishly delete the thread!
Ken

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Nah, if it got deleted, how could we poke a little fun?? :p

You can download that manual to have available for reference any time. Or you can buy the manuals at any dealer or any of the online suppliers. Handy to have with you at 3:00 AM in some remote lot :nodd Avoids a lot of this :headwall

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I solve the problem after reading a bunch,cleaning a bunch and testing a bunch.

The stem was broken on the C solenoid, someone before me had brazed it together and to the solenoid. Well the solenoid has been loose for a while, well 2 years. Never occured to me to think how it was grounded.

So there was 12v to the coil, but no ground. Must have just been sitting right the last couple of years!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts