Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have posted how many trucks we have, now for the number of trucks how many sites do you maintain and what size?

I have between 5-7 plows, 3 spreader trucks and a skid steer on any given storm for about 30 properties. Some are several acre shopping centers some are 10,000sf Mom and Pop shops. Risky maybe, but we don't get the big events like other places in North America. We get a big snow ( 6"+) the cities shut down anyway so the customers are easy on time frame of completion but we try not to test them. Just trying to get an idea of how many sites it takes to zap your resources. :feedback

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have two trucks. We do 4 firehouses, 3 banks, the Electric company, 2 office complexes, 1 warehouse and 4 small shopping centers. Plus what ever else may come up on any given snow storm. The firehouses are our first priority for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I have one truck. I do two car dealers, one resturant, one retirement community, and five private drives after the big ones are done.

Everett

·
GO GO Gadget Plow!
1,380 Posts
We have 6 trucks 4 spreaders a loader, ski steer and backhoe.
We plow 6, churches, 2 condo complexes, 1 hotel, 2 convelescent homes, small flower shop, small machine shop, 2 farms, grain dist center, hospital supply warehouse, small bank, roadway dist center, very small lawyers office, small utility office and equipment shop.
Dino

·
Registered
866 Posts
one truck- my blazer this year

15 residential drives
3 commercial
some Sub work,
and still picking up more contracts- waiting for the first big snow fall- I'm sure I'll get more work then.

Bill

·
Registered
151 Posts
boss has/is going to have 10 trucks, 4 with salters, 8 Loaders, 2 skidsteers. He does 1 industrial park(about 10 buildings), 8 Motels/Hotels, and numerous mom and pop shops, and other buildings, condo/apartment complexs, he does it all.

·
Registered
133 Posts
We run 1 Loader with 12' pusher, 1 Skidsteer with 8' pusher and 7' plow, 1 Truck with 10' Plow and 4yd sander, 1 truck with 9'6" Vplow and 2yd spreader, 1 Truck with 9' plow and 2yd spreader, 1 Truck with 8' plow, 1 truck with 6 1/2' Plow(shovelers Truck)

That is a total of 5 Plows, 3 s and 2 pushers.

We do: 4 Nursing Homes
5 Public Schools (1 is 18 acres of pavement)
5 Churches
3 Banks
3 Dount Shops
1 Condo (small)
1 Showcase Cinemas ( 15 acres of pavement)
2 Factories
1 office building

www.schmidtlawncare.com

·
Registered
85 Posts
We run two trucks.

1 church
3 walgreens
1 shopping mall
2 duplexes
3 doctor's offices
Then friends places....Love to plow!:waving

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
We have 8 plow trucks we break it down has such 67 comerical propertys ranging from small = dunkin donuts up to large for us= being a holiday inn and the rest fit inbetween those sizes.
We have 37 resi and we maintain a 40 unit condo year round turf and snow. my 5 big trucks take care of comerical and the two older trucks are used for resi and the jeep is keep on site at the condo unit.

I subcontract loaders when needed for stacking and such i have acess to loaders with a 24hr notice required which is ok i know when iam gonna need them.

My goal was to have 15 comericals per truck were at about 13 right know it gives me a little breathing room on large snowfalls the key to sucess with this size of operation is my people my guys i would not be were iam without them they are just has much a part of the company has me they are a extention of my family.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'm in one pickup with V-plow & bed salter, my dad and a employee are backup in a second pickup w/straight blade & tailgate salter, and my sub has pickup w/ V-plow.

I plow 33 sites total:

13 driveways
11 utility co. properties (2 work centers + 9 smaller satellite locations
3 condo/apartments
1 small size retail plaza
1 retail store
1 industrial building
1 hair salon
1 professional office (house sized)
1 Church

·
Registered
485 Posts
Two trucks with plows, and 1 truck with a 30" snowblower in the back. Alsoone backup truck and a bobcat for stacking/removal. We do:

1 church
25 small residentials
1 laneway with steep hill
1 "village" with about 2.5 km of roads
4 mailbox locations ( the neighborhood type of boxes )
2 Funeral Homes
10 small condo/apartment lots
1 large pub
11 business/commercial lots from a small vet clinic to a large regional district lot

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Normally two trucks but one this year until we get a plow mounted on the new truck.
1 small commercial lot
2 medium sized commercial lots
About 18 private driveways (possible two more that just called)

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have one Cat 246 skid steer, two speed option, with a Blizzard 810 ss and a snow way spreader for the skid steer, and a 1 yard bucket. I use this to do one Lowes store, when Im done there I help out as a sub at a mall next door.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Gotta love it- got one of our infamous lake effect storms and picked up three more accounts!! Hopefully I will be getting a couple more commercial accounts also- I've been watching some local comercial sites and they keep having problems with their contractors getting the lot cleaned in a timely manner, let alone getting them cleaned profesionally.

Bill

·
Registered
445 Posts
I believe that we are getting alot of low ballers in my area this year because I have noticed the same thing alot off commercial properties were either done very poorly or not at all.

·
Registered
866 Posts
This brings up an interesting topic- I will have to pose this question in the business section, but how many of you when you first started out wnet after some accounts that you noticed were getting poor service, or quality of work?

I am thinking about doint this to a couple of businesses in my area that are getting horrible service, as they are right next to my existing accounts- it would not be out of my way and would be easy to do.

Bill

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
cny if i were you i would try for them especially if there on your route always nice to make more money plus still being able to keep a tight route...

·
Registered
199 Posts
I try to keep the trucks to 4-5 locations each. We own 4 trucks and use 10 subs on avg. We'll handle 60 commerical sites this year most are smaller sites 10,000-20,000sqft, but we have a couple of 150,000-250,000 Sqft locations:cash

1 - 19 of 19 Posts