Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im new to this forum need help i have 86 chevy half ton i have a shooshing noise coming from the front wheel replaced rotor wheel bearings all brake componits come to find out it was the bearing race fixed that no noise for 2 years now same noise
so replaced it all again same noise truck also pulls to the right when you push brake noise comming from left :headwall

·
Registered
69 Posts
Not being any to sure I can understand much of what you wrote, I will risk a reply..

You hear a scraping sound from the left front all the time you are moving and when you step on the brakes the truck pulls to the right...

You have just done work on the front end only, and none on the rear.

It is cold wet and miserable in Iowa about now and yer pissed...

2 years ago a similar sound was heard and you fixed that then...

I would put the front end on jack stands and spin the left front tire listening, and locate the sound.

Once you find that remove both front wheels, and put some nuts back on. Get a bar, and some 0ne to step on the brakes... With the bar see if the brakes work..... Don't snap off the studds and place the bar only on studs that have nuts so you don't damage the threads.

Look for clean caliper mount bolts and see to it the sliding sleeves on the mounting bolts slide.... If the left caliper does not move a small amount it might well not be working well.

What you might hear is a rubbing backing plate if you bent it in some...

That is my best guess so far, and if possible try to reply in lauguage other folks can understand...

We can tell you are not so happy... Mac

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Welcome aboard. :) Its not so much that he is typing in another language, its just that he doesnt use punctuation and leaves out a word here and there. ;) I agree though with the above reply, and I also agree about the backing plates. If they get even slightly bent, they can and will touch the rotor and make a noise. Truck shouldnt pull to either side though while braking. Like said above, you may have a rusty sleeve that wont allow proper sliding holding the brake on, or a bad caliper/wheel cylinder (if drum brakes in back) or bad brake hose. If you take off all the wheels and find one wheel that the brakes are really shot and the other side looks decent, the wheel where they are really shot is the wheel holding, that is of course if your brake system is working properly. Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts