Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. In my quest to buy a good used plow I've found a Sno Pro 3000 that's only a few years old. It has the wrong bracket for my truck but the price is right. I'm looking for feedback on this plow. Looks like there's not been any threads started in this Curtis section in months. LOL. It's probably a bit heavy for my truck but I'll put in some timbrens and crank the torsion bars a couple of turns. Is this a good plow or not?

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have had mine on my F250 since the Fall of 99. Used it for residentials for until 2 years ago when I more or less gave it up. Plow is great, I have really not had any issues with it (thus far) other than standard maintenance type stuff. (change hoses / fluid etc.).

Mine is a "Phase I", so I'd bet yours is a bit different than mine. My biggest reservation abotu buying another one of these is dealer support. ALL of the folks around me have gone out of business. I have ordered any parts I need from Mark at the Curtis store and it usually arrives within a week or so. Friendly knowledgable guy, just stock up on a spare part or two and you;ll be good to go.

If you have any specific ques I can help with, just post it up.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the difference between the 3 phases of the sno pro 3000 plows?

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'm not 100% on the differences, but I thought that the phase 1 was the initial version with the full trip and 3 springs in a vertical configuration. The phase 2 I thought was similar, the most obvious is 4 springs on an angle, but the same push beam design. Phase 3 I think is a trip edge design.

LikeI said, I'm not 100% on that but that's what I thought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts