Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hooked up my wiring last weekend and went to pick up my plow yesterday. Nothing worked, of course nothing's been used in a couple years. I don't have any power at my stick or even my power plug to the plow. Could the solenoid be bad? How many posts should be hot on it?

·
Registered
87 Posts
The big terminal from the battery is hot at all times.
Blk/org is ground, and other small wire is the signal wire from the controller.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok.. so that big post will be the only live wire on the solenoid. Thanks. Just read somewhere else there's a couple fuses I need to check. First time plow owner! Lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4? I found 2 right by the module and they were good. And the wire the red one is tied into under the dash is hot. I put a test light in it yesterday.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
4 port 3 plug. I just bought the truck in September. I replaced exhaust manifolds and changed fluids. Just put in the wiring last weekend.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Knucklebusta.. ok was just checking things with a test light; if I put alligator clip on the positive post on solenoid and put the light end to the brown/ green wire on top of solenoid..I have power to my stick and my buttons work.
Now if I use red wire under dash and feed juice to the brown/ green wire on my stick harness I have power and controls. Then I look at it and a lil bigger red/ yellow wire I put power to that my stick works. I go out to the module unplug wire clip for port 1 and test the red wire(comes from under dash) on back of clip and I have power. I test the red/ yellow wire same clip.. nothing. I add power to that red/ yellow wire and I have power and control!
So now I'm wondering if it's my module?

·
Registered
87 Posts
The brown and green wire on the small terminal is your controller trigger wire.. when you press any power buttons it sends positive to operate the coil.
Coming off the solenoid positive side is a red/green wire that powers 2 fuses that turn into red/blk and red white and plug into port 1.
Controller power comes from red/yellow via the module....however the module needs to see the plow connected via the ground blk/org wire from the main ground back to the module via the small blk/org wire via the main 11 pun grill plug.
So ck your grounds...
The plow needs to be hooked up to test the wires, plug 2 has the blk/org wire that tells the module to turn on

·
Registered
832 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes I looked at the diagram and that is what I have. Everything appears to be connected as the diagram shows. I just cleaned up the connections at the solenoid and cleaned out the power plug. As well as just sprayed all plugs with white lithium grease.. so gonna go try and give it another go.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The brown and green wire on the small terminal is your controller trigger wire.. when you press any power buttons it sends positive to operate the coil.
Coming off the solenoid positive side is a red/green wire that powers 2 fuses that turn into red/blk and red white and plug into port 1.
Controller power comes from red/yellow via the module....however the module needs to see the plow connected via the ground blk/org wire from the main ground back to the module via the small blk/org wire via the main 11 pun grill plug.
So ck your grounds...
The plow needs to be hooked up to test the wires, plug 2 has the blk/org wire that tells the module to turn on
Hello.. so last night I went and grabbed my plow. I checked all connections, cleaned them, and sprayed with white lithium. Still no power so I put a jumper on solenoid top power my stick. That gave me power and most controls but no down! Although I noticed I don't have lights either so now I'm wondering if I have a bad module.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If your powering your trigger wire and it's not turning on your solenoid right away something is definitely wrong.
Did you ck for power and grounds where you are supposed to have them?
The ground going into the module and the power at the fuses and power going into the module from the fuses per the diagrams?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is the link to the wiring for a 4 port module.. Is yours wired up this way?
Double check and let me know if it is or isn't.
🙄 John...
I went and grabbed my plow still nothing so I put a jumper on solenoid to power my stick. That gave me power and controls except down! I also noticed I don't have lights, so now I'm wondering if I have a bad module?
If your powering your trigger wire and it's not turning on your solenoid right away something is definitely wrong.
The ground going into the module and the power at the fuses and power going into the module from the fuses per the diagrams?
Without the jumper just the normal wiring..I have power at the red wire under the dash and I unplug the harness at the module and I have the power there at that 1 connector, but I have no power in the harness where my stock plugs in. Now if I run a jumper from the battery to that harness(with it unplugged) the red/ yellow wire I have stick power and controls. This is another reason why I'm thinking maybe bad module? But hell idk.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The red/yellow IS power to the controller as I said earlier. So it will work when you jump it.
Did you ck for the ground on the connector as well? With the plow hooked up of course

1 - 20 of 24 Posts