Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, wouldn't be good backdragging a drive of pushing a mall. Beats the HELL out of a pond though!!:D

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nice! LOL

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
You get to play in it, or just standing there? LOL

Didn't I meet you at Landscapers Choice in KC KS long time ago with Rooster?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Let's see some pics of it in action:grinz

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
YEs, we would have to say that is the BIG DADDY of them all... You go to a quarry and get that pic? I love going to quarries and dumps to check that stuff out. I have a very good working relationship with CATERPILLAR in Ks. They have always treated me right. I love using those big toys!!!!!!!!:burnout

·
Registered
183 Posts
No quarry, the company I work for in the summer months has two of these 5130 Excavators. This I took this pic on a job I have been on in central pa. The job consisted of building a five mile strecth of new four lane. We moved around 10.5 million cubic yards. I am the Blaster for the Company. It's my job to make sure this big animal has enough to eat.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
lol now ya got almost the whole family of monsters... but you forgot the Daddy of the excevators... so here it is...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
line draggers

Discovery channel has a show about monster machines . Cat 797s . line draggers lots of eqipment

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Bill- I've seen that show many times, Great IMO!

They film part of it at the Dodge Phelps Maurenci Mine, thats one of my dad's biggest customers. I'm still waiting to drive a 797...:burnout ( <-- that's probably why I haven't yet)

·
Registered
415 Posts
PC 200 rental on top and my dads PC 120 on bottom. Took this shot when they were digging a foundation.
Eric

Attachments

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Nice pictures everyone. :shades I love heavy equipment. Bill, I have seen that show too, there is some real big stuff on that show. Shows like that, I will sit right there and watch from beginning to end without changing the channel. I find it to be so interesting, the size of the equipment thats out there and the things they can do, truly amazing I think. I have never seen any real big heavy equipment in person, such as the ones shown in Mikes picture above. Those are only used in quarries as far as I know, and I have no idea if there is anywhere in NJ to even see such equipment. I would love to see the big boys in person, that would be a real treat. Mike :)

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Here's link to one of the large mining companies in N/A and S/A that my dad works with. I've seen pictures, and their Morenci Mine was featured on one of those Modern Marvels. VERY impressive operations!
http://www.phelpsdodge.com/

I'd like to see one of these with a Blizzard plow. Of course, they'd need to develop something that would be over 30' wide just for the wheels to clear the windrows!

http://cmms.cat.com/cmms/servlet/cat.dcs.cmms.servlet.ImageServlet?imageid=C041806&imageType=2

I could plow with that, probably wouldn't do much good for residential drives tho, but its roomy!!

http://cmms.cat.com/cmms/servlet/cat.dcs.cmms.servlet.ImageServlet?imageid=C045580&imageType=2

EDIT* I can't get the stupid images to appear, so you'll have to click on the link, sorry :headwall

·
Registered
445 Posts
Nice pics guy, Seth that is one monster of a truck

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Yup it it i saw a show with it on once i believe its the largest working shovel machine thats out there anymore... that and it was made by bycires erie which used to have their plant a few miles from my house...

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
?

Do any of these places who use these mega machines offer any tours to see them at work ? I know there isnt anything like that around here ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts