Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Moderator
4,902 Posts
Sorry to respond this late. It sounds like you have the switched type 4x4, no lever on the floor? This type application activates the front hubs with vacuum. There is a seal on the backside of the bearing that typically wears out and leaks preventing the front hubs from locking.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Might be the shift linkage motor, the plastic parts wear out. not a hard fix. don't remember the price been a few years since I did the last one

You did not specify weather it is the hubs or the transfer case so I thought I better add the common transfercase issue.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still haven't figured this out. The hubs are locked in manually, not set on automatic. The transfer case will not shift into 4wd with the switch on the dash. Put in a new switch and transfer case motor, nothing. we took the covers off the relays and the motor moves and shifts if you activate the relays by hand. leads me to believe we either have a bad new switch or a break in the wiring harness between switch and relays.

Right now we have locked the T case into 4 high manually so we can still run it in 4x4 if we have to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts