Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody seen the new 3/4ton truck from nissan called the nissan titan. looks like a nice truck for a import its got a 5.6-liter DOHC V8 with a torque rating of more than 375 lb-ft. it has a 5speed automatic transmission. comes in 4x4 or 2wd. it might make a decent plow truck. what do you guys think of it?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Nah, never saw one yet. Post pictures of one if you have any. I dont think I would buy a foreign pickup truck anyway, a foreign car I would consider, but when it comes to trucks, American only for me. Im not saying foreign trucks are no good, Im sure they are very good trucks, but they just dont seem to be made as heavy duty as an american truck. When I say that, I mean by looking underneath one up on the lift. Everything seems to be much smaller made than that of a Ford, Dodge or GM truck. I wont say anything bad about this Titan though until I see one. :D You guys who use foreign trucks, please dont take what Im saying to heart, I never owned one, just stating what I see and giving my oppinion. Afterall, what do I know, I use a 1/2 ton truck to plow with! :rolleyes: Mike :D pumpkin

·
Registered
147 Posts
My father in law is a sales manager for a nissan dealership here in Upstate NY and i'm going to go check one out soon.
They've gotten two in so far and he said it looks nice and heavy duty.(but he is biased):)
All the info i've seen or read on them from the main company is that they're going to aggressively go after the big three and price it less then the base models are from them.
But for that price you get all the bells and whistles in the nissan so they say.(I'll believe it when i see it).

Dan

·
Registered
701 Posts
I thought they were just available in 1/2 ton for now and if they took off they would introduce the heavier duty trucks. Also they aren't available with an 8 ft bed only like 6.5 in the extended cab, and around 5.5 ft with the quad cab.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it seems like a pretty nice truck:)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Went up to the dealership last friday and checked one out.

They had a crew cab LE model(top of the line) on the lot still for sale. They had 2 others there that had sold in a couple of days and were being delivered.My father in law said that as fast as they're getting them in they're being sold.

The sticker on the crew cab was $29,500. And the king cab model was around $28,000 he said.

But thats sticker prices, not what you can negotiate them down to.

I picked up a booklet on them and was reading the spec's on them.

payload capicities on them is

King cab 1640 lbs
Crew cab 1585 lbs

So i think they have some room to hang a plow on them and still be in under the weight limit on the front axle.

Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts