Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here comes another one that may create more work for many of us in the North East. Well north & inland should see snow out of it. Further south & east (potentially here) the heavy rain has a chance of changing over to snow before ending. Should at least give us a salt run Thursday morning as the lots won't dry out before the cold air moves in. Hopefully we in the NE can make some more :cash

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Moderator
4,902 Posts
I'd like a few more days to go over the trucks and make any necessary repairs. When they come back to back like this, the chance for breakdown increases, at least for me because I get behind in inspections.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I'm with ya there Pelican,though i've cut back on plowing to make time for installs and repairs i still like to give the truck a good look after each event,it's saved me more than once that's for sure.
On a side note i was very pleased not to see any of this seasons installs come back with problems after the first 2 storms,lots of winter left,i'll hope for the best:p

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good points guys. I have some lots with bad drainage that don't dry out for days after snow & rain, so we salt them for days after events when temps fall below freezing. So in a rough winter, it feels like there is never a day off between storms. :( Just have to remember the payup on those frigid mornings LOL

Here's Gary's first crack at the next storm:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Looks like more RAIN here in CT.

Me and Bill better start our snow dance quick before the storm gets here. Maybe we can reverse its effects.

Jay

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
12/17

its a heavy rain event here

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Looks like we may have a break from any real snow here for a little while. Couple rain events is all i see in the forecasts.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Heavy rain again here, but will freeze up by Thursday morning, so a full salt run should be needed at least :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts