Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yall on the east coast couldn't figure out how to use something simple, so they made it complicated again.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Lawngodfather said:
Yall on the east coast couldn't figure out how to use something simple, so they made it complicated again.

We don't use no stinkin red spreaders on the east coas. The only ones used around here are stainless and yellow.

Geoff

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
loading up with some nice equipment !:D

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Western and Fisher are the exact same unit.

The off-set spinner chute is now back in the middle, they had to add another belt for the spinner to work. My other 2 have just one belt. Something else to go wrong. They said the guys on the east coast couldn't get it to spread evenly. So the changed the desing again.

Stainless steel, both guys by my shop have carbon steel spreaders that are 10 years old, I didn't want to spend the extra $800 for SS after spending $7500, I know a few hundred more can't hurt, but I didn't have it to spend on SS at the time.

I could of driven another 3 hours to Angalos' and gotten an Airflow SS for $400 less than I paid for this one, but I would also have to buy a lot more spare parts to keep on hand. Also the Airflo uses a B&S and this has a Honda. That's $400 and more right there.

So it just made sence to buy the Western.

The truck is an F250

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Dude $7500 US for a western i can get a stainless Air Flow for that price here the only bad thing is the Brigs Engine.

Down Easter Gas Stainless is $1000 to $1500 CDN more but it has a Honda 11hp on it.

AirFlow isnt good ? Nevermind the Briggs engine.

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
I went with the Swenson 8' V box, with the 11HP Honda, has center discharge, and just one belt. Also paid, the extra $400.00 for the Honda, but keep with Steel. I am working on some pictures. By the why the Sweson it an awesome orange.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts