Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got to see our new truck today. It should show up to us on Monday after the final prep.

2003 Mack Freedom series. 26k GVW with a 16' Knapahide platform body. This will now be our primary anti-ice/deice rig. She'll have a Fisher spreader and a 500 gal liquid deice tank set-up with plenty of extra room for a couple of pallets worth of bagged product if we need to make a few deliveries.

We'll be pre-treating lots, etc in addition to salt piles with Magic & Caliber for ourselves and other customers.

Darn nice truck. We had a F-550 just about out the door when we saw this thing. Kinda funky looking at first until you drive it. Man, the turning radius is unreal! Never driven anything like it. Tried Hino's, Mits, etc but this thing tops them all. Plus we aren't always bumping up against over-gross issues. I already have one ticket pending... :headwall Plenty of power and the room in the cab is outstanding. Only issue is no 4-wheel drive, but I think if we keep her full for the most part that won't be an issue. Kind of a trade off vs the 6.0 engine/tranny problems....

In the summer it will turn into our lawn and tree treatment truck with several large tanks and plenty of bagged fertilizer storage.

Plus you get the cool Mack puppy dog on the front!!

I'll try to get some pics soon!! :usa

Pete

·
Registered
445 Posts
Congrats on the new truck..can't wait to see some pics of it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The truck sounds nice.Cant go wrong with a mack.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Couple of pics..

I put a couple of pics in the "Let's see 'em" thread in the De-Ice forum. More to come!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts