Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It finally came in. 9.5' Everest quick-switch dustpan for our HD3500 with the wing (I'm sure some of you remember pics from the other site). Have to make a few changes before it will hook up, but it should be super on the roadways compared to the Fisher 9'.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
:eek: That thing is serious looking. :shades That should be a nice additon to the Chevy truck and I bet it works out well. Cant wait to see some pictures of it hooked up! Good luck! Mike :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just watch out during a warm storm where hardpack may be softening. When angled full right, those plows have the ablity to send a truck across the road when the plow digs in. The best way to prevent this is to not run the plow full angle right.

Geoff

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will get some pics as soon as I get it hooked up.

Geoff, Thanks for the tip. I could see where that could happen. I remember one of the town trucks here caught some cold-patch at a bridge construction site and took a van head-on about 7-8 years ago. He wasn't going fast at all, just slid the truck right over.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
How about if you run shoes, and let them hold the plow up off the ground just a tad? Does that plow even come with shoes?? Im assuming it does, like any normal plow. Mike :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Running shoes isn't required. Just keep you hand on the controller and when the plow begins to dig, lift up a little.

Geoff

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
I like your new toy :D

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
That moldboard will throw a nice curl

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
Nice plow....

Now how about some pics of the leaf loader?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Leafloader

Originally posted by lawngodfather
Now how about some pics of the leaf loader?
I will see what I can find and post them in the off-topic forum. We actually have two....

·
Registered
866 Posts
That looks like a nice set up- you will definitely have to keep us informed as to how it works this year, and also some pics of it ll mounted up on the truck.

Bill

·
Registered
445 Posts
greensway, nice looking set up

:burnout

·
Registered
415 Posts
Nice looking plow. Is that going on a conventional mount or a minute mount hook up? Should work good wiht your side wing. Make sure you get some pics of it in action. plowing!
Eric

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
originally posted by 90plow
Nice looking plow. Is that going on a conventional mount or a minute mount hook up?
It's a conventional mount. Originally the truck had a MM1 on it, but when I built the wing set-up, I felt the permanent push plates were a better foundation to tie things together. Here's a pic.....

Attachments

1 - 20 of 45 Posts