Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new meyers snow plow and have never plowed. Until friday the 5th of december I went out to practice. My question is when I drop the plow do I sent the plow all the way down? In other words when I push down on the key pad till it stops or what? Or set it just above the ground? I also noticed it looks like my truck raises up in the front.:headwall

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
yes you want the blade all the way down and in the float position when the blade is down the truck will lift up some thats just the weight coming of the front end...

·
Registered
866 Posts
When you drop the lade your truck will raise up in the front- as soon as it hits the ground you have taken that weight off of the front end so it's lighter. As far as the plowing goes- are you on gravel or asphalt? I usually keep the blade up for my first few passes when I start the season plowing the gravel drives- this does leave some snow behind, but after a few times of driving over it and packing it down I have a good base to run the plow over with out digging into the ground. On asphalt I run it all the way down- just have to watch out for the potholes and other obstacles!

God luck this season, and welcome to the most informative and entertaining sites on the web for Snow and Ice Proffesionals!

Bill

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
One other thing if there still on you'll probaly want to take your plow shoes off... or make sure they are properly adjusted so that the blade contacts the ground along with them...

·
Registered
445 Posts
mountaineer , welcome to the site! Like Bill and Seth said you want to lower your plow all the way down into the float position. If you are plowing on only pavement than you would not need to use the plow shoes. If you maybe plowing on gravel you may want to use the plow shoes or keep your blade raised a hair.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Welcome to the site, mountaineer. Would you do us and yourself a favor and go to your Profile and fill in your location? That will help us answer questions better if we know generally what you're dealing with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts