Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent posted in a while but figured Id put up a few pics of the truck I bought for my son when he turns 16. I bought it from a coworker thinking I was getting a good deal. In the end I think I did OK but with all the hassles it wasnt that good. It had a 7.5 Meyers poly and an E60 on it when my friend got it. He sold the plow to a kid because he needed money. Then somebody stole the pump off the truck one night in his driveway. So I got the truck with the frame setup and wired with lights but no pump or plow.
After doing a ton of work to the truck to get it semi road worthy I turned my attention to the plow. I had an E47 from my wifes uncle sitting in the shed and the blade is an old 7 foot that my BIL had aquired 20 years ago. I had to but a lift arm from the parts store and a frame from CL but got it going. Its nice to be able to keep my drive clear without shoveling or snowblowing. :wink

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL! Ive started showing him how but its easier most of the time for me to do it on my way to work. I was hoping someone would comment on the plow. I guess I should have asked if anyone knows how old it is. I cant imagine someone plowing for a living having to manually angle the plow.:)

·
Tileman's Boys
1,094 Posts
Its a hodge podge for sure as it has the ears for angle cylinders on the a frame but not the sector wouldnt take much work to make it a power angle. and its pre 1970? i believe

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a hodge podge for sure as it has the ears for angle cylinders on the a frame but not the sector wouldnt take much work to make it a power angle. and its pre 1970? i believe
Im not sure but it supposedly came with a 1976 Jeep CJ. I like recycling things and would have hated to scrap it so even though its rough it can still be used. Id never plow professionally with it but to do my drive it works great.:wink

1 - 5 of 5 Posts