Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted these pics on the other forum and got no responses. Paid just over $6000 for it. Pelican gave me the heads up on the manfacturer in Saratoga Springs, NY . Been very happy so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Thats a nice set up.. I would do the back of the truck in LED's brake lights and indicators and use flashing LED's instead of the beacons.

Gota say thou that set up looks Boss... :cool:

No blade on that truck ? Would you be able to plow with it, propably only with a load of salt in the back yes ?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats a nice set up.. I would do the back of the truck in LED's brake lights and indicators and use flashing LED's instead of the beacons.
I had the halogen beacons in the shop. I have been looking at the 911EP LED's. A friend of mine sells ambulances and showed me the LED warning lights. Boy, are they bright! A little pricey though. I still might switch over, depends on how much money we make salting!

Pelican, it holds 5 yds if heaped a little. 4.7 yds to the top.

I looked into a blade for it, lots of money for the municipal grade plows.

·
Registered
150 Posts
CPSS>What year truck is that? I just put a 10' boss V on my 1989 F-600 and its unstopable I seriouslly didnt expect it to move as much snow that it does. Your truck looks good though:D

·
Registered
132 Posts
one word

sweeeet:canada

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
CPSS

Think you wont make the money back on the blade for the amount of work you do ?

I assume the truck is Standard how is it salting small lots ?

LED's are nice yes but the drawback is they are costly. I went to a municipal trade show and a few companys were ther.

These are good small but powerfull as hell they get your attention from the far but closer you go they are not as bad. They come on a 6inch size as well id put the 6inchers on there when you can afford it.

Attachments

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
phillyplowking1 said:
CPSS>What year truck is that? I just put a 10' boss V on my 1989 F-600 and its unstopable I seriouslly didnt expect it to move as much snow that it does. Your truck looks good though:D
Its a 1994 5speed manual with the Cummins Turbocharged Diesel

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Think you wont make the money back on the blade for the amount of work you do ?

I assume the truck is Standard how is it salting small lots ?
We already have 3 other plow trucks. Unless we had more accounts, I don't think a blade on that truck would be cost effective now.

Its a standard, has a pretty small turning radius. When we bought it, it had 24' frame rails. We cut it down in the shop and put a new 12' flatbed on it. The sander throws a large quanity of salt if the gate is open all the way. It will cover both lanes of a county highway. We shut the gate down to 2", and salt parking lots in second gear at around 10mph.

·
Registered
15 Posts
CPSS,

The people at tarrant are great to deal with, parts service is excellent, And service is very good. You won't be dissapointed. Truck looks good. Good luck

·
Registered
133 Posts
My brother lives about 10 mins away from the Tarrant Factory. Everytime I go to see him we drive by there, I have stopped a few times and looked at their stuff it looks like really good stuff. That sander looks great on that truck. Good luck with it.

www.schmidtlawncare.com

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
From what I hear, Tarrant has authorized distributors all over. You don't have to be from this area to get a TARCO spreader, they are available elsewhere also.

·
Registered
174 Posts
CPSS, is that the place off of Rte 50 by the northway? I have heard good from the company, but I did not know where they where located in Saratoga.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My father used to deliver the metal they use to build the stuff there at Tarrant's place. He worked for American Steel & Aluminum in Albany,NY as a truck driver before he retired in 1994(he passed away in 1996)

Dan

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
CPSS, is that the place off of Rte 50 by the northway? I have heard good from the company, but I did not know where they where located in Saratoga.
Yep, thats the place.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts