Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I had new springs put on my truck and it raised the height a little under 3".where i run into my problem is i can lower the mount to 16 1/4", utalizing the top 4 holes on each side of the pushbar and only catching 1 hole on each side of the braces coming down from the frame to the back of the pushbar. Or i can catch 2 bolts on each side by raising the pushbar up 1 hole then i can still catch the 4 bolts on each side of the pushbar but i can leave a hole open between the bolts but when this is done it raises the pushbar measurement to the center of the pin holes to around 17 1/4". my problem with the 2 is origonal specs say to have the pushbar set at 15 1/2" so which is the better route to go? is my question

·
Registered
799 Posts
Yeah if you can raise the pushbar up and get as much as you can of the mount connected the better and for the 15 1/2 inches really helps for mounting when you pull up but I wouldnt put it on the bottom hole to much stress!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I aggree with CRaftyBigDog, wouldn't use the bottom holes to put the bolts in. What you might have to do is this (and it works) Ummm... I see by your pic on the side there you have a straight blade. Ok, line your truck up with the blade but stop about six inches back from the blade. Use a jack under the main push beam near where the RT2 or RT3 hooks in, and raise it until when the truck is pulled into the blade the pins make contact with the back of the hitch on the truck. This is what you sometimes have to do if your edge wears down to where the plow sits lower than the hitch (if you aren't {and you shouldn't} using shoes) This is what i have done. It works pretty well. I put oversized BRIDGESTONE Mud Terrain tires on my F-350, so i know where you are coming from. Let me know how it goes if you try that. Jon;)

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i moved the mount to the 17.5" mark thankfully i can just get into the mount with the jackstand on its top hole. heh I know exactly what your saying bout the oversize tires i got em too it seems like it should work. but only time will tell for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts