Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this new spreader last week and was not sure how well it would work. I am a happy man now. It works great, I salted with it four times so far and no problems I love it. I wasn't sure how it would spread bulk salt since it's not a two stage but it does great. I used up a few tons of old crappy salt from last year and it feeds great. Hydraulic driven with a couple aggitators in it. Just thought if anyone else was looking for a skid steer spreader you might want to check one out.

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
Glad to here it is working out for you. Good luck with it. I had looked at one last year maybe I will take a second look.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
That's a great looking machine!

Do you know if they make a pickup model, or would it just be a SnowEx, they look very similar.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im pretty sure they make the same unit for a pickup, but it would have an electric motor of course instead of a hydraulic one like i have. Sno way is different than sno ex

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
dynamike

How do you load the salter ? If your doing a big parking lot wouldnt it be easier to get a truck mounted salter ?

Putting down 2 or 3 tons will drain you out. I can move 6 yards of soil with a 6cu ft wheel barrow in 5 hours but im a lil tired after that.

Dave.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I use a grain shovel to load it, it holds around 800 or 900 lbs. I can load it in just a few minutes. Sometimes I will have to load it three maybe even four times. When I plow early in the morning I do the main entrance, access road and area for employees, then salt that. one load. Then I plow the rest of the parking area, loading docks, and behind the store. Then salt that. I work on a "keep it black" arangement. They want it clean and I do that how ever I see fit. Last night the called me at 9:20 and said that it was a little slippery, (they close at 10:00) it takes me 10-15 minutes to get there, I went up, shoveled a hopper full spread it and was back home by 10:15. I usually work by myself unless I get 6" or more at one time. The other benifit to using the skid loader is my insurance, its around $750.00 a year for the complete policy.Here is a pic of everything except the one yard bucket.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Nice machine.:) So you keep it there on site then when you have to just salt to.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
How much snow can you push with that ? Could you do a 1 acre or even a 2 acre lot with just that machine ?

I have been looiking into useing a skid stear or backhoe for snow clearing. The back hoe i could drive from job to job bobcat would be a lil slow to drive 20 mins what my truck takes at 70km.

How much fuel do you go throu in a typical storm ? I used a Cat for a sodding job all day moved 30 yards of top soil into a backyard and too out old asphalt and loaded into a bin and i used a lil more then half tank.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
An acre or two? Heck I plow a lot more than that with my machine. To give you an idea on productivity, I used to use a 94 Ford f-350 4x4 Dump with a 9' western. It would take around five or six hours to plow the lot I do. It's probably 7 acres or so. I plowed until ten last night night. I went back this morning early and we had another 4" plus all the snow around the cars that I couldn't get last night, the loading docks, and roads around the rear of the store had about 8". Actual plowing time was around 4 hours this morning. I took tthis pic before I salted this morning.

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
Looks like a cool setup Dyna. For doing that big lot hos come you didn't get a pusher instead of the plow? I htought that might be a little more efficent with a couple extra feet than the plow. How do you transport the machine to the site? Still very cool setup :cool:
Good luck,
Eric

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Machine stays on site all winter, Although it looks like its a wide open lot to plow it's really not, Islands, Cart Returns, a 25,000 square foot garden center, Outside lumber storage and so on. About 60% of the site is plowed with the blizzard in the bucket position, the rest is done windrowing.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Hey Mike i was looking to plow these buildings that i talked about in a diffrent thread.

I talked it over with a few guys on the site here and they said i would definitly need a loader or bobcat. I was going to use a bobcat with a pusher box. I might try for this place next year but i also want to have a few more places to plow so i can recover my overhead costs.

How long would it take ya to do these buildings im sure you would also want a truck with a plow there to eh ?

How fast in that machine if you had to take it on the road and drive it from site to site ?

Dave.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I like it.

We price one out for a pickup truck.

They were $1900 cnd.

But they said they were great units.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts