Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Havent posted it on here, and figured it would fit perfect since they have their own forum. My new Boss 9' HD, with my home made snow deflector. Can't wait to put this thing to work. :cool:

·
Registered
150 Posts
You will love the boss.Is that a UD? The cablover trucks look like they would do good because of there good turning radius. That good idea to have your number on the deflector.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that a UD?
Yes sir. Had to fabricate everything, but I think it will hold up well. I am still curious as to how it will handle in the snow. Don't think I will have any problems. I like the fact that you can see everything while plowing, but hit a manhole cover, and I'm gonna eat that windshield. :cool:

·
Registered
413 Posts
What size cabover? They do have nice turning radius. I bought a '92 Ford 7000 (W-7) with a 10' Western on it and frame mounted spreader. Haven't used the plow yet, it's a biggie! We've just used it for salting as it can carry about 7 or 8 tons (26 K GVW).

I'm a big fan of Boss plows, but only have V's. Haven't tried the straight blades, I'm sure they are just as nice! Good luck with the new setup.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, it's an 1800HD. 18,000lbs cap. Hopefully get another bigger ruck this season, over 26K. :cool:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Have to assume that 18K GVW is heavy duty enough for plowing. I was concerned with the 26K GVW, but I'm told it's all good. I was wondering if the truck was a one ton (12 K) and how it handled the plow. I'm told the one ton cab forwards are too light duty for plowing, hence my question.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hey Paponte, how did the UD and Boss do in the snow yesterday? I'm interested in putting a plow on my 1400 and was curious to know. Hope it worked well.
I have an 8'6" Western on my Chevy 3500 dump 4X2 and with plenty of ballast, that truck will push a lot of snow on flat areas.
Mike

·
Registered
57 Posts
Looks awesome! What did you use for you name and # on the deflector? Scott

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AL, it worked great. I was a little concerned with the traction. I threw 2 yds of sand in the back, and had no problems whatsoever. It's just pretty neat being right on top of hte plow. You can see everything.

Treffert, it is just vinyl lettering. :cool:

·
Registered
57 Posts
is it going to hold up? I want to do the same thing because no one around here has anything like that. Please let me know:)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
is it going to hold up?
That was my concern. I had the sign made up for $20. I figured if it held up... great. If not it looks good, and is good for advertising for the mean time. I have used the plow already, and have had no problems. Well see when we get a major storm and I start stacking, and ramming piles. I don't see $20 as a major loss, I was thinking more of being different also. I'll keep you informed. :cool:

AL, I don't know where you are on the Island but if you wanted to take a look a the truck just let me know. I'm in Islip.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Paponte, I would definitely be interested in seeing the truck. I'll try to get out there this coming week. I'm in Huntington, I actually met your buddy KLM briefly at the NSLGA show at the Huntington Town House last year.
Go make some $$$ with that UD, it looks like 3"-6" tommorrow. Mike

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah she's all ready to go. I was roaming around at the show last year also. Probably be out later tonight into tomorrow. Just give the office a call, and we'll meet up. plowing!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts