Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new truck - GMC K2500HD, w/6.0l engine. Mated to a 8.5' Fischer Vee and a 8' AirFlo sander. I'll post a pic of the plow and salter attached when I have a chance.

Also got a new '04 Dodge, I'll try to post a pic of it in the Dodge forum. Nice to run NEW after 10yrs of OLD trucks.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
DUDE!

Thats sweet!!!! If i had a new truck, it'd look like that!!! I do like them GMC's. prefer the nose of the GMC's than the Chevy's.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Nice looking truck:shades can't wait to see a few pics with the plow on it...Good Luck with it:drinkup

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tomato - I specifically went Sierra instead of Silverado because I also like the GMC looks better. I custom ordered the truck so it's set up exactly the way I want. Should plow nicely, just got Timbrens front and rear and the plow's all ready to go, Rhino liner is next, then AirFlo, then rust sprayed, then Plow Time!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
"That's a good looking truck"-Parrot22288

Congrats on the purchase of the two new trucks! Hopefully you get a good winter, so they too become old trucks :grinz

Good luck with them! Sharp lettering too, very professional-looking.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Briggs & Stratton InTech (sp?) 9.0. I wanted Honda, but my dealer (Outdoor Supplies in Stoney Creek) didn't have any with Hondas. Stainless steel for $5900 installed was pretty good though, I thought.

·
AKA "Iceman"
821 Posts
Nice rig !

can't wait to see it fully setup.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Nice truck...
Is it the 6 gas or 6 diesel....
:canada

·
Registered
132 Posts
Actuallyl , i goofed. The diesel is a 6.6 l isnt it....
:beatsme

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Its definatley a gasser, since it doesn't have the Duramax Badge on the door. But it could also be the 8.1L....:burnout

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
I like the GMC front end they killed the chevy when they put that advalance fron on it.The inside is nice on the chevy but that is it too bad they don't go back to the 01-02 front

·
Registered
132 Posts
Maybe if you see this pic more, you will get used to it.....
I know the Ford and Dodge guys are always behind me, so they never see the front of my truck...lol...lol...:zoom :jk

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Truck looks real good and the lettering relly stands out. Nice:cool:

·
Registered
382 Posts
It's nice to have new, good luck with it:D I'm sorry but I just don't like the look of the new Chey or GMC for that matter. I do like the new Ford F150 - The wife want's an SUV trying to talk her into getting a new F150 double door for HERSELF ;)

How come you got one Chevy and one Dodge? :burnout

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Very nice GMC you got there. I cant wait to see pics of it with the Fisher plow attached. How long did it take to receive the truck from when you placed the order until you got the phone call saying it was in? Mike :)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I leased through a Landscape Ontario affiliated leasing company in order to get the GMC + Fischer + Airflo. A friend of mine (also my equipment service guy) has a cousin that works for Dodge so I took advantage of the "friends and family" discount. Saved around $5,000.00. Chrysler leasing doesn't lease plows and salters though, so that's why I went through the Landscape Ontario lease for the first truck.

I went GMC because I like GM's and previously owned three of them. I got my truck 4wks. after placing the order.

·
Registered
132 Posts
4 wks . that seems really fast.....

I would have thoaught it would take alot longer....

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They told me to expect 6-8wks. I ordered in September and just beat the rush of other plow guys looking to get their trucks ordered.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Nice trucks cutntrim. Do you run the dodge as a personal truck? Also wondering why you went wiht two differnt manufacturers at the same time? Both great looking rigs and I really like the chevy gun metal grey.
Eric

1 - 20 of 25 Posts