Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got in an accident with my Snow-Way plow and there is about $2000.00 worth of damage. It's about 3-5 years old and I don't know if I should get it fixed (and pocket the$600.00 for the blade because it's not that bent) or invest a little extra and get a new fisher or something. I bought this used this year and only had a chance to use it once and thought it worked only o.k. It's the smallest one Sno-Way makes. I have a Ram 1500 4x4. Any pros and cons comparing fisher to Sno-Way or others? I only use this for my own dirt driveway but want something good without regard to the cost. Is one better or more reliable than another?
I did like the fact that the Sno-Way did not add much weight to the front of my truck and the sub-frame was not very noticeable with the plow removed. Seems like everybody has Fishers in NH and I can get a new one of these for about another $1000.00 out of pocket. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks, Bill

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
I'd prefer the Snoway,as it's lighter,and has the downpressure.

How bad is the plow ? And what all is needed to fix it ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
From the tone of your letter it sounds like you weren't overly impressed with the Snoway. Since you said money is really no object I would spring for the Fisher (or something comparable like a Western) I have a '95 Dodge 1500 4X4 with a Western on it, so if you're worried about the extra weight, don't give it a second thought. As long as you stay with 7 1/2', add a set of Timbrens and a Tranny cooler, your truck will do great and handle it just fine. I'm not sure about Fishers, but my Western sub frame is not noticeable either with the plow off.

·
Registered
252 Posts
hello there neighbor

hello there iam david from manchester area i dont have information on your plow but i read your posting and see you are from nh as well coollllllllllllllllllllllllllllll ,david

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
TWO New Hampshire members . Thats reason for a get together at the Hooters in Nashua or Manchester .Of course you will have to invite us Ma. guys :D

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
The SnoWay with the down pressure is cool and all, but his driveway is dirt, not pavement. Wouldnt the plow try to dig into the dirt with the down pressure? If it was me, I would go with a Western or Fisher, as long as you have a nearby Western or Fisher dealer to go to when you need repairs or a part right away. Welcome to the site! :) Mike

·
Registered
413 Posts
Will the plow remain on the truck and will you drive it regularly? If so, the SnoWay is light, and will ride easy on your front end. If you've only plowed with it once, is that enough time with it to tell if you're going to like the plow or not? As for the down pressure, since you only really use the downpressure when back dragging, I don't think you'll dig in any more than you would with any other straight blade that will dig into the gravel.

I like the SnoWay plows, but on smaller trucks. Is the plow you have a 7.5' blade? Since the wiring on your truck is already set up for the SnoWay, why not make the repairs to the SnoWay and consider it nearly a new plow?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'd stay with the snoway also, considering the fact that the snoway is already installed and ready to go... just the fact you need to repair it. They're also light like wyldman said.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts