Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Karrier Z-80 Vibrator for my SP575. I'm having trouble finding an 14 AWG extension cable to run to the front of my truck. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to buy one. I would like to get a high quality cable also. I tried NAPA but they just had a cheap thin gauge connector. Thanks in advance for any help with this. :popcorn2

Miles

·
Tileman's Boys
1,094 Posts
go to the local hardware store and buy a good quality 14 gauge extention cord in the length you need. then aquire some yellow heat shrink butt splices and some anderson connectors and you will have it

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - SPONSOR
2,184 Posts
Miles
You can also go and by some 14 (I would run #12) SJO Cord. I would also buy it in 3 or 4 conductor so that you can add additional items at the rear should you decide to in the future. The reason I recommend the #12 is you may upgrade to a larger unit some time and it would save you changing things.

·
Tileman's Boys
1,094 Posts
Miles
You can also go and by some 14 (I would run #12) SJO Cord. I would also buy it in 3 or 4 conductor so that you can add additional items at the rear should you decide to in the future. The reason I recommend the #12 is you may upgrade to a larger unit some time and it would save you changing things.
I agree to all of this was just half a sleep when i posted and my mind wasnt working right lol.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your input guys. I did however discover today that Karrier sells their Z-80 vibrators with or without a kit. I bought mine from the rcpw.com site which only sells the vibrator. The contents of the kit include (among other things) the power cord that plugs into the cord coming out of the vibrator. What a great idea! :rolleyes: I called Karrier directly and the woman said they do sell the kit separately for around $50 shipped. Problem solved! In retrospect I wish I had just ordered from them in the first place. Their website is karrierco.com, in case anybody was wondering. Thanks again for the help, cheers!:D

Miles

·
2,184 Posts
Thanks for your input guys. I did however discover today that Karrier sells their Z-80 vibrators with or without a kit. I bought mine from the rcpw.com site which only sells the vibrator. The contents of the kit include (among other things) the power cord that plugs into the cord coming out of the vibrator. What a great idea! :rolleyes: I called Karrier directly and the woman said they do sell the kit separately for around $50 shipped. Problem solved! In retrospect I wish I had just ordered from them in the first place. Their website is karrierco.com, in case anybody was wondering. Thanks again for the help, cheers!:D

Miles
Miles
I am a Karrier Dealer. Many people think they are getting what they need from places like RCPW and such. the vibrator with the kit included would have been cheaper than what you paid for both parts combined.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rub it in:headwall, actually combined i paid $214 shipped. Had I ordered direct from Karrier $236 plus shipping. A few dollars more but a lot less stress, you think I would have learned that by 40 yrs. old.

Miles

·
2,184 Posts
Rub it in:headwall, actually combined i paid $214 shipped. Had I ordered direct from Karrier $236 plus shipping. A few dollars more but a lot less stress, you think I would have learned that by 40 yrs. old.

Miles
Miles.. Karrier sells direct to the public at list price :eek: Call next time and save :cash

1 - 10 of 10 Posts