Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to the snowplow forum so.....

OK guys, here goes...

I recently aquired a (older) Boss snowplow from my brother for dirt cheap. It was on his 89 GMC 3/4 ton. I have everything but the undercarraige from his truck. Do they have adapters to make his undercarraige fit my truck(89 F250 351w) or do I have to buy this. I did call a local place and they want $400-$450. If anybody could help me out here, it would be great. Ive searched all kinds of websites but cant find to much info on the frames.

Thanks, Rod

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hey Rod, first off welcome to this site. Second I am not aware of any adapter kits for the undercarriage. I would suggest you either purchase the new one or try to locate a used one that is specificly made for your truck. There is a lot of stress put on the undercarriage and I for one would not reccomend trying to fabricate an adapter. JMO

Where in Central NY area you located?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Although if your handy with a welder you could refab the mount to fit your truck your probaly better off to find a used one that will fit your truck the one good thing though is if you have the old one you can sell it to recoup some of the money ya have to spend to get the right one for your truck...

·
Registered
866 Posts
Welcome t the site- you have found the best place on the web to ask your question, as you will be educated and entertained at the same time!!

If you have acess to a shop and a welder you can make your own mount- I had to make one for my '84 Ranger when I put the 8' western on it. It took some work, but I got it to work- you might check e-bay, although I have found it to be hit or miss there. If you are going to fab your own, make sure you get some pics and specs to ensure that you get all of the correct stress points covered. Even if your only using ti for personal use, it will still take alot of stress, and pass it along to your truck, and you don't really want to damage either. Let us know how you make out, and if you have any more questions, just post them here- as far as the welding goes, Arc Burn could probably help you out since he runs a welding shop and installs plows- you might want to look him up also.

Bill

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont weld, but will be learning soon. I checked ebay before, not to much Boss stuff on there though. Not only that...the s/h wouldn't be worth it. Another question for ya's. Is it possible to mount the pump and control unit on my flatbed and run the lines underneath to the front? My brother had it mounted on his inside fender wall(GMC). But my ford has no room under the hood for it. Anyone have pics of how theirs is set up? It would give me some idea. The Boss is new to me. I just got rid of my 90 chevy 2500 w/ an 8 ft fisher. If anyone knows of anyone in my area that has one for sale(used) let me know....Im shooting for about $200-250.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I'm located near Central square, and I know a couple of used car dealers that deal in trucks and they might haveone kicking around- I will ask around this week for you and let you know. As far as the remote mount- It is feasible, but yo might want to talk to somebody who deals more with hydraulic pressures and lines to make sure.

Bill

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Im sure it can be done but mounting it that far back could possible cause other problems that you would have to make adjustments for... i'd take a real hard look at the engine compartment and see if theres anywhere you might be able to squeeze it in. it might be cheaper for you in the longrun to squeeze it in there...

·
Registered
156 Posts
What model attachment system? (RT I or RT II)

Next I had a boss on my 89 350 . The front part of the sub frame mount on the front frame ears. There is a piece of steel plate that bolts between the the 2 plates mounted on the ears. Then there are 2 rear push braces that mount in the wheel well area.

I paid 500 for a superduty subframe kit for my trucks so the 400 you think is high is the averge going price in my eyes. Unless you can find a dealer that has a kit on the shelf with hardware. The othere thing you are going to need is a set of headlight adapter pigtails.

·
Registered
17 Posts
which model do you have? is it like this?

Part Number PBA02101
Ship Weight 49.20 lbs.
Description PUSHBEAM ASSY CNV/FORD,81-91

if so, you will need R&L supports too..

Part Number LTA03580
Description PB SPT PLT(PS)FORD 81-91

Part Number LTA03586
Ship Weight 19.80 lbs.
Description PB SPT PLT(DR)FORD 81-91

these list for $315ish.....let me check around, i may have some used...or old stock.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I need the whole setup for the undercarraige...I do have the cable with the pins. Let me ask this...the pic above, is that a universal part? That looks like the same thing thats on my brothers GMC. Im gonna run out and take a pic of what I have and post it, so someone can tell me exactly what Im needing.

·
Registered
445 Posts
munstergarage, I'm not sure of what the first pic is, but the second is the truck side mount( undercarriage) for a RT II. I am pretty sure that it is not what you are looking for.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok..the pic that captdevo posted is the same style pushbar thats on my bros GMC. That slips onto the plow I posted. So when I searched boss for an 89 ford f250...the pushbar isnt the same. This is an older V plow and Im starting to wonder if this is going to work. Just to remind everyone what Im doing. My bro has a 89 GMC 3/4 ton with a boss v plow...I bought everything except the undercarraige. His undercarraige is still on his truck w/ the lift cylinder and lights. I can still get the pushbar off his truck if I need it. And by looking at the exploded diagram. I dont see where the lift assembly fits into all of that. And thanks for all the input, hopefully ill get this going.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok..think I got this straight...someone doublecheck me at service.bossplow.com I think I need parts lta03580, lta03586, lta03591, lta03595, pba02101, lta03588...I dont know why they show a different pushbar in the diagram though, and whats the difference between the rt2 and rt3? Im taking it I have the rt3.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.