Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To show that I did a searh here is what I found:
http://www.letstalksnow.com/forums/search.php?searchid=101669

Ok I have a 04 chevy silverado ls 2500 4wd ext cab. It says on the window sticker it has a hd 4-spd automatic transmission Build date of 09/03

My problem is overheating. Do any of have a copy of the TSB out there.? Saturday I was going to put the plow away finally and was moving it and the I overheated. This would be the third time, temp outside was 72. Last winter it was about 30 and did the same thing. I went to a chevy dealer today and the Service advisor basically said nothing he can do about it. This was not the dealer I got it from because I am having other issues with them and wanted to get someone's else advice first.

I need help getting the tsb so I can show them this. I am about at my 36,000 miles have about 1200 to go before it is over. Need to take the truck in and have them replace a door speaker so I was going to have them do both at the same time. Any input or websites you can send me too would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

JP

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
JP a couple of posts down in the 05 overheating thread it gives the option codes you shold have. Pring out that post and take it to the dealer. If no luck we can did farther but don't have the actual TSB on hand anymore as our local dealers just take care of it now on the plow trucks.

Jerre

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Travel & Bar Consultant
2,029 Posts
Complaint: CHECK TSB FOR FAN CLUTCH FOR PLOW PREP PACKAGE

Cause: FAN CLUTCH DOESN'T ENGAGE - TSB 04-06-02-006

Correction: REMOVE INTAKE HOSE AND FAN SHROUD - REMOVE FAN BLADE - REPLACE FAN CLUTCH

REPL FAN CLUTCH ASSEMBLY........J3390
OTHER LABOR HOURS.....O.L.H.

PARTS: Qty (1)... P/N CH15073014...Description CLUTCH List Price....N/C

Comments: AUTH CODE: E/0090
O.L.H. TO REMOVE INTAKE HOSE, FAN SHROUD & FAN BLADE TO GAIN ACCESS

This is the best one I can find....Thanks to Earthscapes.......Can't locate the official GM one

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Jerre and Sonjabb,

Called the dealer and am droping it off on Weds night for Thursday. they said they will take a look at it and try and see what the problem is. I told them they had a tsb out on it and she said well we will see what we can do.

I had an issue with them over my instrument cluster panel too after a tsb was issued.Also said I had a door speaker out and she said they might have to order that. :( She then said I think I remember the truck, I said uh oh I must be red flagged on the computer. :waving She started laughing and said no I just remember the issue over the panel being replaced..

Thanks,

JP

Will let you know what happens cause I am at 34826 miles right now.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JP.......If your gonna keep that truck and want a extended
warranty. Check out these guys for a REAL GM extended
warranty at the best prices I have ever seen............geo

http://www.warrantyoutlet.com

Where is this post at? I got the e-mail notifciation but cannot find your post.There is a bunch of warranty's on the link you provided. Which one should I check out. I plan on keeping this for awhile so i should look into something for an extended warranty. I really like this truck.

They replaced the fan clucth and door speaker on Thursday. Should I see a noticiable drop in the temp w/o the plow on. It is still sitting just below 210 and that is where it was when it went in.

Thanks,

JP

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Travel & Bar Consultant
2,029 Posts
PUP.......Sorry about that.............
The correct link is http://www.gmoutlet.com aka Black Chevy/Pont.
in Pa. Best GMPP prices on the net.

My 04 6.0 also runs about 210 or so. Even hotter with the plow on!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Earthscapes said:
210 is normal for a 6.0L. As longs as it stays at 210-220 while plowing you'll be in good shape. Problem is you won't know this for another 6 months.

Good Luck

Keith
I am going to move the plow this weekend and see what happens. Think I will get any weird looks driving with it on. :haha I might even wear my carharts. j/k

JP

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sonjaab said:
PUP.......Sorry about that.............
The correct link is http://www.gmoutlet.com aka Black Chevy/Pont.
in Pa. Best GMPP prices on the net.

My 04 6.0 also runs about 210 or so. Even hotter with the plow on!
Thank you sir,

JP

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thought I would do an update on this. Hooked the plow up today, temps about 70 degrees. Went over and power washed it. Drove it around for about 30 minutes and the temp stayed just below 210. We shall see what happens when I am pushing though.

Chevy did the work under warranty too. Thanks for the info you guys have given me on this.

JP

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Earthscapes said:
You should be fine. I've never had mine overheat while pushing, only while driving fom job to job.
68 here today people were looking at me funny, 2 mowers on the trailer and a blade hanging of the front lol
I saw the same setup today here. I myself was not that brave yesterday and hooked up after I unloaded the equipment.

JP

1 - 13 of 13 Posts