Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well boys......Its finally here and it looks like we may get TONS of snow. Today was a fun one. Me and ProSno drove some stakes a whole 1/8" into the SOLID ground at one account LOL.

Ive already got over an inch here and snapped a few pics to start this thread off.

Jay

·
Registered
445 Posts
JAy your truck and plow look so clean in those pics, it is going to be a shame to see them get dirty...:D Have fun playing in all that snow post some more pics after they get dirty...plowing!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I plowed one parking lot today with the toyota truck i drive for someone, probably 4-5" on the lot. Here's a photo when i was looking over some of the accounts around 11am before we had any real snow. I'll get some photos when i plow my driveway route tomorrow starting at 8am. We'll also most likely have to do snow removal at this one lot because they don't like to lose many parking spots.

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
What a way to start the season!
Looks like it'll be a Blizzard with 10-20 "!!!!!

NORTHERN FAIRFIELD CT-NORTHERN NEW HAVEN CT-
450 PM EST FRI DEC 5 2003

...WINTER STORM WARNING THROUGH EARLY SATURDAY...
...BLIZZARD WARNING EARLY SATURDAY THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING...

THE SNOW WILL GRADUALLY TAPER OFF LATE SATURDAY NIGHT. FINAL SNOWFALL
TOTALS OF 12 TO 18 INCHES ARE ANTICIPATED

Anyway Jay you better pattent that snow dance! it worked to well, maybe it was the HOT wings.

Time for some rest, all ready to go.

Good luck everyone be safe.

·
Registered
151 Posts
On a break, took some pictures, will have to get developed and scanned. Pretty nasty out there, i can't believe what it will be like later on. gluck everyone stay safe and warm heh.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Well,
We got about 6 inches in round one everything went good. I have a few minor problems to fix on the ford but it will have to wait until after this weekend. The Dodge did good for not having 4x4 working. The Chevy did great!!! An hour into plowing I was getting a scraping noise in the front when I backed up and the plow was shaking. I got out and checked it. I found that the plow came unhiched from the truck on the one side. I hooked it back up and had no more issues with it. I took my camera but didnt get a chance to take pics. When I ride with the guys tomorrow I will take some pics. Hopefully round two goes as good as round one. Its 235am and starting to snow hard in parts of New Castle County, De. Hopefully I will get back on here tomorrow nite or Sunday.

Everyone stay safe and make some money.

Ray

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Looks good guys... have fun... stay safe... And send some snow over this way :D

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
its really starting to pick up here now. visability is down to under 600 ft right now.I cant see the road,or the neighbors house at all.I just finished round one of plowing and everything went smooth,not one glitch. Im loving my new toy i added this yr to the trucks (heated wipers) Thanks Jerre!. :D

·
Registered
979 Posts
Right now there are 5" on ground and snow is still falling moderately, and is going to become heavy late this morning through the evening. I am leaving the house soon to do initial plowing.

Here is a pic of my plow truck this morning. All ready to go. :D

Attachments

·
AKA "Iceman"
821 Posts
Round 1 - All accounts hit twice !!

Now, I'm taking a break. They say the Blizzard conditions should start between now and 12:00 noon and run through tonight.

I figure that I'll rest up, and go out again mid afternoon and then again tonight.:D :D :cash

Maiden Voyage of the new truck and plow has been great so far. OH and By the way, The Fisher XBlade IS EVERYTHING that they say it is. Plows great, excellent roll off and back drags like a champ.

On a Sad note, I just talked to my brother in law, and he was driving between two of his accounts at 4:00 am this morning when some idiot in an SUV tried to turn in front of him and lost control, and slammed into him in his BRAND NEW Chevy 2500 HD.

Wiped out the Meyers Plow, frame , frontend , possible frame and steering box. Quick guesstimate is about $15,000 in Damage to my brother in laws truck. WHY are people who aren't plowing snow OUT at 4 AM? They should be home in BED.
:headwall :headwall :headwall

Thankfully, my brother in law is ok ( we Think, and he says he feels ok, but I know he is pissed about the truck)

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
There is strip of clear open area which includes Marlborough and we are just having flurries . But it looks like major snow all around

·
Registered
183 Posts
KAAAAAAAAA.........CHING.

We got about 10" or a Foot here 30 miles north of pittsburgh, I salted yesterday at 5:00a.m. then started plowing around 7:00 a.m. I plowed with the storm until about ten last night. Went back at 3:30 this morning plowed the whole lot salted and it's now black. Got back home at 10:00 this morning all Done. Took this pic before I Salted

Attachments

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
sorry to hear that jcurtis

i live in norwalk,ct LOL not far from you. And everything went smooth with me except this idiot passing me on the left and cuts me off but his bumber hit the corner of my plow and swung him right around i droped my plow and t-boned him real good. He try to say it was my fault but the cop saw other wise. For being stupid the guy deserved it. I sould send him a bill for a quart of western paint.

Rich

1 - 20 of 138 Posts