Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, what is the real deal with the "Mystery Switch"? I have done some searches and read some threads on the TDR that gave me the basics. It grounds the TCC lockup wire, causing lockup in 3rd and 4th with a stock transmission. I am wondering what it will do to the tranny if it is left on in 2nd and 1st? Does it harm the tranny in any way? Does it work on a 47RH, or only RE's? What wire do you ground? It sounds pretty easy, if it is, I will try it out tomarrow. The reason for having it is that the 3-4 shift takes FOREVER on my truck when I'm on the throttle, and it doesn't help that the TC isn't locked up in 3rd. Thanks guys, maybe you can make this "Mystery Switch" not such a mystery after all..........

·
Registered
619 Posts
I read all about it as well with interest and I remember visiting a site that claims there can be damage to the electronic transmissions by such a mod. I can't remember exactly what damages (again if any in reality), but it also mentioned about vehicle warranty voided from such a mod, if you're still under factory warranty.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed my mystery switch tonight, and something is wrong. When I flip the switch, nothing happens, except for I can tell that something is drawing a lot of power on the voltmeter. I ran a wire from the orange w/ black striped wire, and ran it to a switch, and to a ground. Can you guys think of anything?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Good thing nothing happens
if you were in gear and hit that switch and it happened to work it would be just like popping the clutch in a std. run right over somebody if you weren't carefull. There are other circuits that have to be involved. Yuo ARE making that trans do things it's not suppose to do. I have seen blown TCC circuits and such and it's like trying to start and drive a std without a clutch. Put it back the way it was. Computer programs are involved. Maybe if you ask there may be a TSB for a problem that you think you might have.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
You have the RH,or hydraulic version,without the electronics.

You don't need any of the fancy wiring for the mystery switch.You trans should have a small three pring plug,with the center being power in,and the other two are gorunded to control OD and lockup.All you need to do is tap into the TCC wire,and run it through a switch to ground.

Be careful though,as improper engagement will daamge the TCC.You could turn up the pressures some,to help the TCC last longer.Johnny D is the man to talk too,as he is our resident trans expert. o

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Thanks Chris
That makes me feel better..:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts