Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well while my truck is down do to my blown front axle shafts i decided to install my 100amp altenator. and here it is. let me know if I should change anything. Thanks

Rich:burnout

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
You need some support for the bottom bolt,and a bushing to go between the mounting "ears".It's going to end up snapping the ears or the bolt off.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Forgot to add that you may want to find a dual pulley or sepentine belt setup,as the bigger alternators tend to eat up the single belt pretty quick.Take a look around the junkyards,a lot of 84-86 GM small blocks had serpentine belts for the alt.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL BKrois It doesnt look like much outside it looks like it came out of a junk yard but when i come on to it everyone turnes there head with the straight pipes from the exhaust manifold back. But that will change in the spring. BUt where i live if it was nice it would be taken. Like my $20 rotating light the last storm. But i will post pics its in my garage right now with blown axles im hoping they will be in tommrow or wenseday.wyldman i just went out and bought every thing to make a spacer and another braket, But im still thinking wether or not to put in a barket, but i am putting the spacer or bushing between the ears. THANKS

Rich:burnout

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL mike Ther is only 8 washers in there I just bought 1/2 steel pipe to make spacers with and a bushin, make it look a little better and stronger.:burnout

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now when it snow I can plow I blew the axle shafts on the last storm and lost some money My back up wanted to up his price , and this is the first time in three years I needed him to plow my accounts and Ive plowed for him at lease6 times a year, and charge him nothing for the most part and the one time i need it he wants more money. Well lets say he isnt my friend anymore.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry about those axle pics in this post I feel so stupid :headwall

Attachments

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
These pics are for Landscaper 70 he asked on how to wire duel batteries and for me I like pics so I hope this helps him.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts