Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted a pic of my new '04 GMC in the Chevy forum, so here's the new '04 2500 Heavy Duty Quad Cab I also picked up. Very nice truck (nicest I've ever been in actually) with 5.7l Hemi, plow prep pkg., loaded with all the bells and whistles. It'll be a backup truck over the winter since my main plow truck will be the reg cab GMC.

Putting on my Meyers 8' w/wings and my Buyers tailgate salter from my old '89 GMC. Had Timbrens put on up front yesterday.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Nice truck

DO you have the 4:10 final drive ratio ?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Sweet looking truck:D Good luck with it

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, 3.73. I took it "off the lot" so I could not custom order it. Actually, I don't believe the 4.10 is even an option with the 5.7l hemi.

The GMC does have 4.10 since I ordered it that way. Also has carpet-delete...can't imagine why a 3/4 ton heavy duty needs carpeting?

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
4:10

Option Code DMF is the 4:10 axle .

·
AKA "Iceman"
821 Posts
Sweet two new trucks in a year...

Someone is doing something right!:zoinks

:rockon2 on dude !

·
Registered
357 Posts
GEEZ those new HD's are looking nice:shades

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Very nice Dodge! Do you have any old trucks still or just the 2 brand new ones now? I really like the new Dodges looks, very nice looking and mean looking at the same time. Sno-mover, he said above hes putting on his 8' Meyer plow with wings, even though Id rather see such a nice truck get a better plow. :D Good luck with both new trucks, they sure are nice ones! Mike :shades

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mike-I sold all three old trucks this summer. I'm looking forward to hopefully a LOT less downtime for repairs with the two new ones. Nice to ride in style too.:D

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
AHHHH not a meyers!!! lol j/k You'll just have to toss a fresh coat of paint on it So it can gleam like the truck... :burnout

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My Fischer dealer likes to remind me daily how nice a new 8'6" V would look on the Dodge, but it's "run what you brung" for the backup rig I'm afraid.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Nice truck Cutntrim!. Now that you have both 04 Chevy and Dodge trucks and have driven them,as of right now,if you had to choose one,or could switch to both if the better one,which would it be?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
LOL! That was a good one cutntrim! The gas motor will do just fine Im sure. Please post pics of both when the plows are hooked up, thanks! :) Mike

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
John - Still too early to make a decision on that. I've put just over 2,000kms on the GMC and 800kms on the Dodge. Both trucks have capable engines for what I do and both seem to be getting about the same mileage thus far. Purely on looks the Dodge wins hands down. It's a sweet truck. As far as comfort, the GMC gets my vote. The seat is deeper and that means the cushion extends right under my knees, where as the dodge is a lot shallower and less comfortable long-term. I think I'll really appreciate the difference when out plowing.

The main difference between the two is one being a quad-cab compared to the other a reg-cab. Love the interior room of the quad. It'll be interesting to see how they compare long-term and to see which I'll choose to go with when the leases expire in 4 years.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
thank you,its hard to get an honest opinion on these trucks,side by side. Good luck with them both. Johnny

1 - 20 of 84 Posts