Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pictures I took of my Primary Plow truck.

It's a 1990 K3500 SRW 454/400 3.73 with a BOSS RT-II 8'2" V

Attachments

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Watch....out....here....I........ COME!
omg

Attachments

·
Registered
866 Posts
Gee- all you need to do now is paint some teeth on that thing like the old Bombers in WWII- I did that to a plow once- boy did I get some looks and laughs that year!!

I plan on doing it again when I refinish my blade before the next season!!!

If I run more than 1 truck (excellent Possibilty) I will do it to all of them:D .

Bill

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've seen some pretty odd things written and painted on plows before. Most looked tacky to me.

The craziest one was this last snow. An old beat up Bronco with a Western with white paint saying (LET IT $NOW) The $ symbol is what irked me. I'm sure lots of people called him! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I need to paint my moldboard soon. Stone lots and driveways take their toll on that center section. Last season I just sprayed it down with Metal Protectant.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Adams Plowing said:
nice looking truck... what happened to the center piece of your snow deflector?
Thanks.

This plow is PRE-Boss Snow deflector. I made mine out of cheapie Plow deflector rubber. I had it bigger but it bound up in the center when scooping. My Dad's getting me a nice thinner piece of rubber and I'll add it to the center in hopes that it will double as an "AIR SCOOP" and funnel air into the radiator while transporting.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I agree with the $ for the s in snow- that would Irk me too! I plan on the teeth because it describes my aggresive aproach to the snow removal biz. All of my lots have been bare since the last snow, while alot of the other ones still have snow in them!!!!

We should get rain tmo- that ought to make them slick!- then Lake Effect on Thrus night and Friday during the day. The local weather guy also said something about another sotrm coming for the east coast- not sure on the details, I'm sure more will develop!

Bill:D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looks good Tommy. I just picked up a RT II 7.5 V from Ohio last night (long drive!). As soon as I figure out how I'm going to get it out of the back of my truck I'll post some pics. Do you use something (wedge?) at the bottom/middle to reduce the snow from getting through? I started a thread about this topic.. it's in the Boss area if you want to respond there.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, my problem with my edge and the snow that passes through is a slight issue for me, but I will soon be adding a U-edge and fabbing some sort of method of either catching that snow, or dispersing it.

Here is my edge and its proximity to the ground.

The center pivot is only 5/8" to the ground in this picture. I'd be hitting by the end of this season if I don't change the edges.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Tommy- The truck and plow look great, red and red, a great combo!

Tell me though, how do you like the boss plow, especially since it cannot trip in vee or scoop position?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Now that I no longer plow roads.... No really that much of an issue.

Of all the plows out now, it'd be between a BOSS and a BLIZZARD.

I don't care for the Western MVP's as they have slow hydraulics, and don't angle as tight.

I like the solid lift with no chains too.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mountains?,.........No, not really.

Big piles,......yeah! ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.