Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to install a MVP3 from a 2013 F350 to a 2008 F350. Mounts worked fine. Harness matched up to lights fine. Truck headlights function properly. No power to controller. Unable to function blade. 3 port isolation module. 2 cable to blade. I can find low and high beam power into port B and C. The only power out of A is power on the " C" pin (from dealer supplied wiring schematic) which should be ground. This transfers to pin 7 on 11 pin socket plug. I tried a new isolation module, no difference. What to look for next??

·
Registered
545 Posts
Trying to install a MVP3 from a 2013 F350 to a 2008 F350. Mounts worked fine. Harness matched up to lights fine. Truck headlights function properly. No power to controller. Unable to function blade. 3 port isolation module. 2 cable to blade. I can find low and high beam power into port B and C. The only power out of A is power on the " C" pin (from dealer supplied wiring schematic) which should be ground. This transfers to pin 7 on 11 pin socket plug. I tried a new isolation module, no difference. What to look for next??
You most likely swapped the 2 4-pin connectors at the control harness under the hood by mistake when reinstalling. The square connector in the middle of the harness goes to the power cable, the connector at the end of the harness goes to the B&C harness.

As to why you have power at that ground wire, you don't. What you are actually doing is completing the ground circuit which is normally open when the plow is unplugged - your test light is completing that circuit when you probe it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts