Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
incredible . That was Houston Raceway Park . I have been to NHRA national events there it's a nice track .

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Ive been trying to watch those vids since you posted them.Finally i got them to load. Watching that truck launch,the torque that engine makes is insane,it literally leaps out of the hole defying its 7300 lbs. When hes powerbrakeing lighting the turbos,I am guessing from the sound of the engine,that hes at 25-30PSI when he launches . There arent many trannys that can hold that HPfor even one second. Those BTS Ford trannys are tough,the modded Cummins can turn almost any trans into shrapnel in a few seconds in 4wd building boost with your foot on the brakes.That one is holding up great!

·
Registered
466 Posts
JOHN

Hey John,do you know if he has the new torqueshift tranny in that or something else.I have heard rumours that the torqueshift is capable of handling some serious horsepower.:D :D

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
last I heard he has the original Ford 4r100 ,adapted to the Cummins 5.9B series. This trans has been modified top to bottom by Brian of BTS transmissions,and its one heck of a performer the entire package.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Thanks John

Thanks for that John,i wondered what he had behind that thing.I read on one of the Ford sites that the torqueshift is capable of something like 1100ftlbs of torque.My new truck has one with the 6.0l .For a stock motor ,it's quite impressive,maybe someday i'll do some mods to it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
capnkel,

Actually it's an E40D;) The older brother of the 4R100. They are basically the same transmission though.

The 100 in 4R100 stands for 1000 ft/lb and the 110 in 5R110 is for 1100 ft/lb. You have to remember though that because of torque multiplication in the tc's(about 2x), the trannies are at their max rating when the trucks and trannys are in stock form;)

John,

Did I tell you some of the things Brian was telling me about Richard's tranny?? He was having problems burning up 2nd gear clutches. Brian finally figured out that the truck was launching so hard, all the fluid was sloshing to the back of the pan causing the tranny to run dry for a short period!! omg He solved it by putting baffles in the pan among some other things:notworthy

And you are right, I LOVE MINE!!!:grinz Everytime I put it in gear it puts a big smile on my face! LOL!!!

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Greg,you had told me about the trans problems a few weeks back. That just goes to show you little things like adding a few hundred hp can affect things:D

·
Registered
218 Posts
That is freaking INSANE!! :rockon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.