Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Monarch plow pump doesn’t want to angle to the right, it moves slowly as if under load, and sounds as if it’s under load… draining the hydraulic fluid this morning, as there is some water that I noticed in the angle cylinder…any other information would be appreciated.. thanks simers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My Monarch plow pump doesn’t want to angle to the right, it moves slowly as if under load, and sounds as if it’s under load… draining the hydraulic fluid this morning, as there is some water that I noticed in the angle cylinder…any other information would be appreciated.. thanks simers
I’m thinking that the valve for the angle cylinder is sticking, possibly a broken spring in the valve assembly…

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, there wasn’t that much water in the system… reversed the lines, and the function was the same on the other side ( cylinder ) do some more research, and diving in deep I guess… any words of wisdom appreciated!!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Remove and clean the valves, make sure the valve is opening up all the way, they only move a little.
Also make sure you are getting a good voltage signal and the valve has a good ground.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, I believe it’s in the crossover valve, it functions fine right to left, but not left to right… I switched the angle cylinders lines around, and now it happens going right to left… any information is appreciated, thanks simers..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you, I believe it’s in the crossover valve, it functions fine right to left, but not left to right… I switched the angle cylinders lines around, and now it happens going right to left… any information is appreciated, thanks simers..
Not much movement, and a low drone of sound, instead of the usual hydraulic sound..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay, apparently valves and coils are difficult to locate.. I managed to locate one valve, and one coil. I split the unit, checked all the valves and coils, switched out the one I felt was the weakest… repaired a couple of wires, but still no change… my next step is to check out my controller, hopefully I’ll find that the rocker switch is faulty… wish me luck, simers…

1 - 11 of 11 Posts