Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 mm2 w/3 port module stops angling left after about an hours use. I thought it might be the 3 pin connector to the valve bank but then I noticed the pump wasn't running when stick was in left angle.
After it sits for a few minutes it will work for a few minutes more. After it sits long enough to cool completely it will work for about an hour.

·
Registered
448 Posts
If the motor doesn't run hitting left and it's only doing it on the left angle, the controller is bad

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was kinda thinking that. I'm just wondering why it starts working after it sits for awhile.
Didn't want to buy a control if I could help it because Fisher is quite proud of them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Because whatever is heating up and flexing on the PCB after it runs awhile cools down and returns to normal when you stop touching it
I just went through similar situation and it was the plugs themselves. I replaced mine and works fine now. The plugs are a common problem with Fisher plows. It won't cost you anything to try your best to clean up the pins and sockets, just a little time.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I just went through similar situation and it was the plugs themselves. I replaced mine and works fine now. The plugs are a common problem with Fisher plows. It won't cost you anything to try your best to clean up the pins and sockets, just a little time.
Really? What was your situation specifically?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went through that many times until I noticed the pump wasn't running. Found a PC board on ebay for half the price of a complete control. It's supposed to be "new and improved" we shall see.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Really? What was your situation specifically?
Plow worked then just stopped, no up/down no left/right. Went to the shop where I have truck maintenance done and he said plugs are common problem. Fisher dealers have OEM cables, plow side complete cable, truck side is a replacement pigtail. Shortly after I had same problem (no power to pump motor) with power cable, did a check from battery to pump and power stopped at plug. Replaced both sides and plow runs like a champ now.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Plow worked then just stopped, no up/down no left/right. Went to the shop where I have truck maintenance done and he said plugs are common problem. Fisher dealers have OEM cables, plow side complete cable, truck side is a replacement pigtail. Shortly after I had same problem (no power to pump motor) with power cable, did a check from battery to pump and power stopped at plug. Replaced both sides and plow runs like a champ now.
Great to hear! Except that problem is totaly unrelated to the OP's where everything worked except one function and that one function doesn't operate the motor. Fixing plugs will not help him.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great to hear! Except that problem is totaly unrelated to the OP's where everything worked except one function and that one function doesn't operate the motor. Fixing plugs will not help him.
Well it could be the pin in the plug for left turn is bad. Easy check is to take cover off solenoids and have someone push buttons on the controller and second person using test light to see if there is power going to solenoid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well it could be the pin in the plug for left turn is bad. Easy check is to take cover off solenoids and have someone push buttons on the controller and second person using test light to see if there is power going to solenoid.
I'll let you guys know what happens. It's either the cure or a fist of bills down the toilet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts