Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this is the right area to post this.

I was parked outside of my office, in a building we rent, and the owner was plowing snow with his skid loader. He forgot my truck was there and backed into the box. Estimates are $4000 to repair it. I am considering installing this flatbed instead http://www.bradfordbuilt.com/aluminum-workbed.htm Any one have experience with them? I dont carry heavy loads often. I tow all the time though.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Very well built beds. Have checked them out at NTEA. You might also want to look at Hillsboro, Moritz and Truck Craft for some other options.

LED lighting and Sealed connections are well worth looking at also.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have looked into the Hillsoboro. When I compare standard features vs options the Bradford has more standard features. I really like how strog the headache rack is on the Bradford. The Hillsoboro looks real good too. They have some options that really make them shine. Like smooth stainless side rails. Would look good when they are shiny but be a pain to keep in good order. The dealer with the Bradford bed, said it takes a few hours to swap the bed but almost a day to complete the wiring. My truck has backup sensors and camera that I guess take some time to make right. Unless someone comes up with a reason the Bradford isnt good. That is the one I will order this week.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Probably not the most economical choice of bodies, but Eby out of PA makes awesome all aluminum trailers and their truck bodies look really nice. I've only seen them on line, but if their truck bodies are anything like their trailers, then they would be hard to beat.

I did a lot of research with this back along because I bashed in the head board of my bed. In my area the Alum-Line beat out everybody else, at least in terms of price. The cost of the whole thing convinced me to live with head board, not that bad.

The Highway Products Strongback looks really nice, but they are really expensive. Another one that I looked at that was nice and the price wasn't bad was Magnum. The closest Hillsboro dealer to me was up and northern Vermont, Lucky's Trailer Sales, and they wanted big bucks.

Adam.

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Moderator
4,902 Posts
I have an Alum-Line flatbed and while the fit and finish is superb and it appears to be a quality piece, the welding on mine is piss poor to say the least. I admittedly put it beyond it's design limits and backed into a tree, but the welds broke on the corner and exposed a weld with superficial penetration. The welds look nice, but there's no penetration or strength to them. I don't know if this is representative of all of their products, but my particular unit leaves a lot to be desired.

·
GO GO Gadget Plow!
1,380 Posts
I had a truck with an EBY flat bed and loved it. Worked the snot out of that truck

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I will pull the trigger on the Bradford tomorrow. I think they said it takes them three weeks to get it ready. They will have it installed by the end of march. Guess it adds some extra time to add the backup sensors and the rear camera. I will post pics when Its installed.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tried to get the bradford, that was the one I would have preferred. Long lead time and might have to make a trip to KS to get it. I opted for my second choice and got the cheaper Hillsboro bed. I just need to figure out how to make the hitch look right. Its not quite done, but the guy doing the install sent a couple pictures. I will get it shined up next week and get more pics. I hope I can remove the Hillsboro label for a more clean look eventually.

Attachments

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Never have posted pics of the finished project really. I like it for sure.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts