1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
382 Posts
I need 4" to plow some want 6" trigger. With the cold temp associated with the front it will be the light fluffy snow that likes to blow around.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow those seem like awfully high triggers. Im at 2" now and I am going to try to lower it to 1" next year for my per push contracts. I will leave all my year-round contracts at 2". scott

·
Registered
85 Posts
2 inch trigger here.:D

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
TLW- Where are most of your jobs? You 'cross over'?

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
Well, my monthly accounts are 1" triggers with salt included that leaves it up to me to manage how I see fit. Sometime a light salt application, sometimes a heavy application no plowing, sometime plowing no salt, you get the idea.

My per push accounts are 2" trigger but want zero tolerance. SO that means salt fro anything less than 2". Than there are the few on call for salt what at this point have all change to salt when it needs it.

WOW, a 4" pushing for 6" trigger. What is your average snow fall? Even if you are getting like 200" a year what do you do for a 3.5" snow fall followed but 6" snowfall two day later?

I could not see that every happening here. Even if it did I would not be taking on that kind of work. I have had a few people call wanting bids for 3" trigger with NO SALT NEVER accounts. I said no thanks and pass on those type of customers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts