Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it is a bad pic, but my Meyers has no sector? Is this normal? I've used it 2 years now on a Dodge Dakota. Where the angle cylinders attach there seems to have been some torch work done in the past. The a-frame has about 14 or 15 inch between push tabs.
Ken

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
The sector is the piece that your cylinders, springs & the A-frame attach to. So yes it appears that you do have a sector there. However, it might be a homemade one, partially chopped up one, or a really old one, because it doesn't look like any that I've seen. Chuck Smith would probably know which of my guesses is correct ;)

·
Site Founder
5,721 Posts
Without looking at the link... The sector is the piece that attaches the moldboard to the A frame. The sector pivots (on the king bolt, which passes through the sector and a frame), thereby angling the plow. The angle cylinders, and trip springs attach to the sector.

I would guess that is a homemade A frame and sector. The reason being that Meyer plows offer (or used to offer) power angle as an option. Without the "half moon" portion of the sector, and without the tab on the A frame, you could not use a pin to hold the angle or straight position of the moldboard.

The tubular A frame is something I have not seen before, even on very old Meyer plows for Jeeps.... Hence I think it is homemade.

If it was mine, I would make a new A frame, and buy a new sector, either that, or buy a beat up 6.5' Meyer plow, and take the sector and A frame from it.

~Chuck

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I compared pics and looked over the plow. The a-frame is a fabbed jobby but reused the cylinder mount tabs and the push tab section. The sector also appears to be original but it looks like the moon portion has been cut off and a piece of flat bar welded across the top so the bolt can go through.

I won't rework it as it hasn't broken :D

I did break the push tabs off during an incident with an ice bank last spring. The plow is now going on a much lighter Geo Tracker so I doubt it will get damaged.

Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found the a-frame is not a homw fabbed job but is this model:

A-Frame for Models TM 5.0, 6.0 & 6.5

There is no sector on this model, rather a pivot bar, like what I have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts