Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a used V 70, and want to use the unit on my 8.5 Diamond blade. Would anybody, or does anyone know how to configure the pump, and electrical to make this combination a functioning unit, thanks simers

·
Registered
373 Posts
I recently purchased a used V 70, and want to use the unit on my 8.5 Diamond blade. Would anybody, or does anyone know how to configure the pump, and electrical to make this combination a functioning unit, thanks simers
You are trying to make a V plow power unit work on a straight blade plow?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yes, I’m working on it, any thoughts..
Beyond the thought that it is likely impossible, not really. I'm not familiar with the Meyer V power unit in particular, but I can't imagine any way you'd make the valves switch on that pump that would operate a straight blade correctly. At a minimum, you'd have to have the DA cylinders from the V and by some miracle they would have to be a 100% interchange with the cylinders from the straight blade. That is a pretty tall order.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Beyond the thought that it is likely impossible, not really. I'm not familiar with the Meyer V power unit in particular, but I can't imagine any way you'd make the valves switch on that pump that would operate a straight blade correctly. At a minimum, you'd have to have the DA cylinders from the V and by some miracle they would have to be a 100% interchange with the cylinders from the straight blade. That is a pretty tall order.
I think he could use it, it will just angle with the angle buttons, but will go into a hydro lock if he tries to V it. But I do not know why he would want to. Me, id get the mount and put that plow on the truck, chuck out the straight blade.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think he could use it, it will just angle with the angle buttons, but will go into a hydro lock if he tries to V it. But I do not know why he would want to. Me, id get the mount and put that plow on the truck, chuck out the straight blade.
Apparently it’s very usable on a straight blade, I don’t have the schematics as of yet, soon I hope, but I’m told you use a couple of the solinoids, like up/down, and so on... I didn’t get a complete harness, just the power unit, and pump... Hopefully this will work out for me, I’ll keep you all posted, thanks Ron..,

·
Registered
373 Posts
Apparently it’s very usable on a straight blade, I don’t have the schematics as of yet, soon I hope, but I’m told you use a couple of the solinoids, like up/down, and so on... I didn’t get a complete harness, just the power unit, and pump... Hopefully this will work out for me, I’ll keep you all posted, thanks Ron..,
I imagine you'd have to source at least the harness and controller to match the V - I don't know what those cost but I'll wager even money they cost more than a used E47 power unit would be anyway.

As @dieseldude said, is there a reason you can't use the V on the truck instead of the straight blade? That would be a much better use of it than as a donor for hydraulic pieces that don't match yours.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I imagine you'd have to source at least the harness and controller to match the V - I don't know what those cost but I'll wager even money they cost more than a used E47 power unit would be anyway.

As @dieseldude said, is there a reason you can't use the V on the truck instead of the straight blade? That would be a much better use of it than as a donor for hydraulic pieces that don't match yours.
[/QUOTE

Because I don’t have a V plow. I purchased the power unit and pump. I have a straight blade. The wires are here as well.Just no controller, and lift cylinder plumbed in. My local Meyers shop “ no problem, but booked till end of month. Just wanting to be operational by that time...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My pump is now in being relplumbed, the techs told me it would be about 2 weeks, with there current work load... this gives me time to fabricate my lift frame, looks like everything is finally coming together...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m not sure to be honest, they have done it before for other clients... I’ll share the info when it’s completed..is there something you know, that I should??

·
Registered
373 Posts
No, not really. But a used e-47 would typically run around $500. I recently saw someone selling 2 of them for $500 as a pair. I assume that v plow power unit wasn't cheap and I cant imagine the labor charge for anything that is going take 2 weeks that would be economical. But I have no idea what kind of replumbing they are doing so I was curious.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’ve been looking for a used 47, but all I could find were rebuilt units, with a price tag of $950.. this v-70 cost me $700, and I believe you misunderstood my reply, it’s 2 weeks before they can get to my unit, and apparently it’s not a big deal to switch them to a straight blade function. Just working with what I have...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts