Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First snow of the year and I took my plow down the road for a bit of a plow, at first it worked fine but after a intial pass I went to raise the blade and it didn’t respond. I clicked the hand held up and down buttons a few times and the lights on the control went out.. I pulled the power wire off the solenoid and touched the positive terminal on the battery, the motor kicked on and it went from left to right without pushing any buttons on the control.. I was able to get the truck home but would like to finish plowing.. is this just a bad solenoid or is there something wrong with the motor.? It sparked pretty big when I touched the + terminal with the red wire going to the motor..

I tested voltages at the three terminals of the solenoid and found 12.58 on the input, 0 on the output and .40 on the little red “control” wire. Am I correct thinking the little red guy should activate the solenoid when the control switch is turned on? Should I see a voltage at that wire when I toggle the control on off switch?

Why would the power(no lights on the control) go out at the control module?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Check the power to the controller with a test light, then work the controller, see if the test light goes dim, could have a voltage drop. Clean the connections at the battery. Make sure the accessory tap is good and clean.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts