Snowplow Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
dieseldude, what do you think we just found the wiring diagram and the chart that tells which part of the switch pole gets the power during each movement. Now- you’ve got a lot more experience what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
But still wondering why it's going only right no matter what direction you go.
well, my thoughts are the common wire in all of this the white. In almost every function the white gets power- now if somehow you have the white and green spliced in The harness in such away that green is now being powered in every position It would only turn right.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
well, my thoughts are the common wire in all of this the white. In almost every function the white gets power- now if somehow you have the white and green spliced in The harness in such away that green is now being powered in every position It would only turn right.
The wires are connected color for color. I did make sure that each wire was connected the way I seen in the diagrams. Other than what I had to put back together with but connectors, the harness is correct. At least I think so.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
The wires are connected color for color. I did make sure that each wire was connected the way I seen in the diagrams. Other than what I had to put back together with but connectors, the harness is correct. At least I think so.
it’s a guess on my part given the information we have. the best part is we can now rule out the issue since the diagram tells use which ones have power and not for each function. Process of elimination at this point until you get to problem.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I talked to a guy tonight on the phone and he thinks it's one of the valves. But not 100% sure.
it could be the valves too... it just seems to me that it is electrical in nature. But I could be wrong. Either way you will want to check the valves to see each coil is getting power with switch in the corresponding position.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I'm going to check the back of the pump today, believe it's the A valve. Says to pull out and see if you can push it with a screw driver.

·
Registered
164 Posts
There is nothing to the wiring on these things. The white wire should jump across the two switches and send power to the solenoid. Remove the C valve and test it. If it is working, you have a problem in the block assembly. Does it go up and down, and does the solenoid operate on all three required functions, have not had time to be here a lot as the shop is busy with old Cat stuff that Conner would be pinning for.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
There is nothing to the wiring on these things. The white wire should jump across the two switches and send power to the solenoid. Remove the C valve and test it. If it is working, you have a problem in the block assembly. Does it go up and down, and does the solenoid operate on all three required functions, have not had time to be here a lot as the shop is busy with old Cat stuff that Conner would be pinning for.
two o’s in the name.... Connor... A good D8 is worth its weight in gold...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Think tomorrow I'm just gonna end up pulling it off the truck and tearing it down to look at everything. I know noth in ng about this setup. As of right now it's worth more in scrap to me than anything. I've about had enough of it and ready to set it for sale and go back to something I know works.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Think tomorrow I'm just gonna end up pulling it off the truck and tearing it down to look at everything. I know noth in ng about this setup. As of right now it's worth more in scrap to me than anything. I've about had enough of it and ready to set it for sale and go back to something I know works.
you will need a second truck for this new plow...

41 - 58 of 58 Posts