Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought a used Meyer rig off a 2018 Tacoma for my 2010 Tacoma. Unfortunately the person who "de-installed" it just cut all the wires with no identifiers. I am not sure that this wiring harness was originally for a Tacoma so there is a lot of trial and error. I have successfully wired up the controller and the turn/parking lights, but have not been able to make sense of the headlights. I have a red and a white wire that come from a large relay block in the middle of the harness that are unaccounted for. According to most Meyer diagrams white would be low-beam and red would be hi, but when I connect them directly to the headlight wires I get nothing on my Saber III headlights. Any hints on next steps would be appreciated. Less important - I have a black wire that comes from the turn-signal bundle that is unaccounted for. Not sure where that would go either.
Wood Twig Wire Electronic device Font

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Chuck over at Smith Brothers helped me get it straightened out. On this Meyer SSD system the plow lights automatically come on when the system powers on. The red and white leads are connected to the truck lights to turn the plow lights OFF when the truck lights are turned on.This is for states that don't allow two sets of lights on at the same time. I am leaving them disconnected in order to have both sets of lights on while plowing. So, the correct connections for this configuration are as follows:
Green - right turn
Green/Black - left turn
Yellow - park
Black - back-up lights (actuates plow lift or lower in automatic mode)
White - Low beam (if wanting to turn off plow lights with truck lights on)
Red - High beam (if wanting to turn off plow lights with truck lights on)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts