Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded for an old Dodge with a Meyer plow on it. I had one years ago that worked well for me. This one had been sitting with one of the hydraulic line unhooked for about a year. I drained the oil out of it and checked the screens. One of the solenoid valves was broken so I replaced all three with new. The motor runs and the valves click hard but it will not raise or till the blade. What's next?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I traded for an old Dodge with a Meyer plow on it. I had one years ago that worked well for me. This one had been sitting with one of the hydraulic line unhooked for about a year. I drained the oil out of it and checked the screens. One of the solenoid valves was broken so I replaced all three with new. The motor runs and the valves click hard but it will not raise or till the blade. What's next?
I would check to see if the pump is actually working. The motor maybe running but if the pump isn’t moving hydraulic fluid you are in trouble.

·
Registered
224 Posts
If the motor runs, and it does nothing, you need to do a pressure test. Or remove and completely disassemble the unit. It is probably gunked up. There are you tube videos on this. Remove the filters and try to angle it, it should shoot fluid out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts