Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to be asking such a newbie question,

I'm having trouble with an older Western 7'6" plow. The cable controls were run in a way that apear to cinch or bind and are extremely well worn. I was told Meyer E-47 or E-60 pumps could be fit as a replacement (giving electronic contol). Is this possible? I don't mind modifying/ fabricating some parts, but don't want to be stuck with only something that works "in theory" as well.

I would appreciate any/ all with experience. Thank you, in advance, for any advice.

Mike in Delaware

·
Registered
111 Posts
I don't see why not,you would have to but a new wire harness and controls and new selnoid to run the meyer pump tho.I have a old western with cable controls and i love, it has worked well for many years.There are not alot to those cable types and i run AT fluid in it.The cables aren't very expensive just replace them,that would be alot cheaper than the change over.IMO

·
Registered
34 Posts
I ran an E-47 with my western blade and it worked great. If you understand wiring then it is no problem to change it over. I hates the cables seemed like I could never adjust them right.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I was given and old western blade and truck mount for my sons S-10. I gave him my spare E-47 and angle rams. Like Chuck said, other then the western using 3/4" holes (meyers uses 5/8") it's any easy swap.

·
GO GO Gadget Plow!
1,380 Posts
I have run western and fisher pumps on meyer plow frames. Never have been so silly as to do the reverse.
TEEHEE
I have run meyer blades on fisher frames tho.
Dino

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you

Thank you everyone for their time, thoughts, and comments. As a brand new person to this, I can now see a wealth of knowledge on this forum. If there are any additional thoughts/ ideas, please keep them coming. Thanks again.

Mike in Delaware

1 - 7 of 7 Posts