Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I've come to a strange situation here, i found a guy selling what appears to be a Meyer classic tube plow setup as far as i could see, but it is currently on a 2007 chevy 1500, the newer body style chevy, not the classic. i was always under the assumption that they did not make a mount for the old classics that could be put on the new Chevys. I've never seen this before, so does anyone have any ideas on how this can be possible? if its legit, id look to put this on my 09 1500.

·
Super Moderator
896 Posts
Leave it in the junk yard...
If you have fabrication skills almost anything is possible.

(It’s awfully green in your area we’re is the snow?)

·
Registered
495 Posts
If its on that truck already, why wouldn't you just ask that seller since he already has your truck as you say?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Leave it in the junk yard...
If you have fabrication skills almost anything is possible.

(It’s awfully green in your area we’re is the snow?)
here in NEPA there's still a bit of snow on the ground, so I'm not sure when the picture was taken, could have been a while back or something. just saw it for sale now on Fb.
thanks though, clears it up a bit for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If its on that truck already, why wouldn't you just ask that seller since he already has your truck as you say?
i did ask, he says he knows nothing about it, he just got it on a trade in already on the truck. so i was confused. wants 1800 for the whole set up. i already have a classic plow setup minus a mount for that truck, so i was gonna see if he'd just sell the mount. just worried id waste the money on a mount that might not even work. wondering if it really would be good for all years of that style even f it is custom fab?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Well, if it was custom fabbed to fit that truck, then it should fit yours too if he will strip it. About the only issue would be if someone welded it straight to the frame and couldn't remove it without ruining it.
If he won't remove it and include it, then $1800 is a rip off for that plow because it'll cost you far more for all the vehicles pieces even if they do offer it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts