Snowplow Forums banner

medical card

7K views 37 replies 21 participants last post by  Metro Lawn 
#1 ·
Ok does every one have a medical card for 10K gvw truck and up .

#32 ·
The key here is it wouldnt be fully enforced til Nov 08 that is why there is so much confusion with so many here and others.

Like i have said in this thread in others if you dont think you need to be DOT comp in a 10k vech and over just get pulled over , better have thick skin and a big wallet.:wink.

The deal with Motorhomes is changing one thing that seems to cont to fly under the radar is homer homeowner pulling his lifes belongings in a Uhaul box truck with a trailer and his car behind it. Although those trucks are below the 26k number the drivers should still need to posess ness documents. Three years ago when i first bought the 12ton i impounded a 24ft Uhaul out of Gladwin it was being used has a rolling Meth Lab, i had to wear a mask doing it the dam crap in the back imploded or something i could smell that crap a mile before i got there.

Iam not trying to pick on RV'ers but iam sure Jeff and Steve can relate to this but running interstate behind one of these is interesting to say the least..

#33 ·
Like i have said in this thread in others if you dont think you need to be DOT comp in a 10k vech and over just get pulled over , better have thick skin and a big wallet.

Fred does this apply to ANYONE simply driving a pickup over 10k GVW such as the guy who buys a big shiny F450 pickup just to drive around in? Or are you talking only for those who are for hire. Take myself for example, as I posted in another thread, I know I'm supposed to have combo plates for towing, but do I have to have DOT numbers on the truck since I tow a 7k enclosed trailer for my work?

#36 ·
When i was testing for my Q endorsement to be able to drive firetrucks they asked me for a medical card. My fire dept pays for my doctors check up and i get a new card every 2 years now. Honestly if i knew i would need a medical card and everything i would have just went for my cdl and gotten it over with.

#37 ·
Get it now. The test is only going to get harder and they will be requiring that you take a certified training course. If you want a name of someone in CT let me know. she is great and very easy to work with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.